pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Aug 2013 15:17

Hello, just curious if and how we could create GoogleMaps with Areas, Routes/Waypoints. How to feed the map with the needed data via Cobalt fields? Possible for list and article view?

Apart from the typical Directions from A to B... routes might have multiple WayPoints/Locations. How to deal with that in regards of Cobalt field data and the actual map script?

Some examples: - Polygonal Area (single) - Circle area - OptiMap Roundtrip tool

Thanks in advance.

Last Modified: 19 Dec 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Aug 2013 00:41

This is very easy. But you have to use custom template. The base it that

$item->fields_by_id[12]->values['position']['lat']

$item->fields_by_id[12]->values['position']['lng']

Contain position of the listing. You can add circles or create routes.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
23 Aug 2013 09:15

Sorry it has nothing to do with this subject.

Pepper i tried to contact via twitter, did u received my e-mail contact? I would like to contact you via skype or mail to discuss a project.

thanks

IamJim
Total posts: 3
23 Oct 2014 11:02

Sergey This is very easy. But you have to use custom template.

Good day !! I was wondering if there is real world working example of this please?

Thank you, Jim

Sergey
24 Oct 2014 01:59

Here is someone use MAP

http://gorsport.com.ua/

26 Nov 2014 07:51

Hi, I like what I see in this last link can cobalt do this out of the box, if so I will buy atonce, if it is easy to be done with all these options on maps and with customized location markers, please explain how can be done with cobalt. Thank you.

pepperstreet VIP
26 Nov 2014 15:51

Guest I like what I see in this last link can cobalt do this out of the box

As far as i can tell, the example site makes use of Cobalt's core features AND mainly the extra field "Address & Location". Which includes a special map/list template.

On the right sidebar is the extra modules "Filters". The module display is an addon... But you can have the same advanced search and filters above the list display. Which is included in Cobalt's default features.

The Address & Location field has many more options and features. You might buy it separately, or you might choose the Subscription package. Which gives you ALL available addons and templates.

BTW, the annoying login message with "geoIP" blah blah, can be turned off in configuration. Hopefully this issue is being solved in the next updates.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-26 um 16.34.23

brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
27 Nov 2014 09:51

hi,

how can we display nearby stuff with the map. For example, nearest railway station , nearest primary/secondary school, religious place etec etec with the location?

Sergey
28 Nov 2014 08:53

brianpat how can we display nearby stuff with the map. For example, nearest railway station , nearest primary/secondary school, religious place etec etec with the location?

Field records has special option to show other articles whithin a distance of current article.

pepperstreet VIP
28 Nov 2014 12:30

Screenshot of Records field - Within Distance

Example

Records field is placed on Profile type. Position data is the profiles Address field.
Show records from Event type in a distance of 5km.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-28 um 13.23.19

You might extend this further with Narrow by category if your locations are assigned to certain categories. Or you might use the Searh from / in parameter to let the profile owner give some personal preferences. i.e. I like churches and bars.

brianpat VIP
28 Nov 2014 13:45

not sure if you get my point. The nearby location like train station, churches, bar etc needs to be displayed in the map and these information needs to come from google, not stored in joomla db. it wull just look at the location and get all the nearby stuff details from the google and display it on the map. This is what I need.

pepperstreet VIP
28 Nov 2014 19:27

brianpat these information needs to come from google, not stored in joomla db. it will just look at the location and get all the nearby stuff details from the google and display it on the map. This is what I need.

Sorry, I don't get it, yet. Where do the near-by locations come from? What do you mean by "from google". Do you mean basic and common map infos?

Cobalt's Address & Location field also provides the Distance search/Proximity filter. Maybe this can help you. You may create a pre-filtered URL, then the map will show a map according to your location.

brianpat VIP
29 Nov 2014 09:59

The nearby stuff from the location is from google and not from local db. For example, have a look at the following url:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/35319736#FPkDO2YZHVtmHCFD.97

click Map & nearby, you will see checkboxes of nearby places. If you select them, they will be displayed on the map. These nearby locations are not coming from local db, they are coming frpm google.

I think it is possible by using google places API, which is as below.

https://developers.google.com/places/documentation/?csw=1

This should be implemented by default within cobalt. This will give the end user more information regarding what is available near the ADVERTISEMENT (arcticle)

Sergey
01 Dec 2014 10:23

Geo field shows goole map in the article and by default all places are shown there as well. Those are not markers, but those are there.

pepperstreet VIP
03 Dec 2014 23:58

Sergey by default all places are shown

Mayba a nice feature to define the available POI/place "types". Then display those "types" and optionally let the user show/hide some of them.

The Gmap API documentation speaks off "place types".

See example implementation and parameters in ZH GoogleMap extension. Here is a link to the wiki with parameter screenshot.

brianpat VIP
17 Dec 2014 20:53

pepperstreet

Sergey by default all places are shown

Mayba a nice feature to define the available POI/place "types". Then display those "types" and optionally let the user show/hide some of them.

The Gmap API documentation speaks off "place types".

See example implementation and parameters in ZH GoogleMap extension. Here is a link to the wiki with parameter screenshot.

Yes this is what i want,but how will i integrate it?

Sergey
19 Dec 2014 05:02

brianpat Yes this is what i want,but how will i integrate it?

If you open ouput template of geo field, you can see map JS there. YOu can create a copy of that template and add there places or whatever possible with Google map API