pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
14 May 2013 11:04

Hello, like the section events tab and Karma points.

1.) In regards of 3rd-party and Cobalt integrations, what about Custom SQL parameters for each event? Would allow modification and integration with any other J! extension. e.g. add points to CBusers, add points to Kunena users etc.

2.) Cobalt Karma points. Are they already used? Where and how?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 May 2013 23:38

This parameter is for integration purposes only. There is no Karma in cobalt. It is for JomSocial current integration and future integration with other extensions.

1.) In regards of 3rd-party and Cobalt integrations, what about Custom SQL parameters for each event? Would allow modification and integration with any other J! extension. e.g. add points to CBusers, add points to Kunena users etc.

That would be nice but this is kinds developer style approach. I think best way is to make integration plugin. And often just SQL query does not work. It is not enough and you need small script to be triggered which will make the bunch of stuff.

pepperstreet VIP
15 May 2013 03:19

This parameter is for integration purposes only. There is no Karma in cobalt.

It is not stored anywhere?

IMHO, it makes sense to have a solution for Cobalt and J! core only. Not everyone needs a full fledged Community extension. Would be nice to show Karma on users homepage, or in user statistics module. Maybe a special AJAX field for frontend.

This parameter is for integration purposes only. There is no Karma in cobalt.

It is for JomSocial current integration and future integration with other extensions.

It influences JS Karma points? I see.

Do we get new integrations with Cobalt 9? i.e. CB or Kunena.

BTW,CB has no integrated points, except for a custom integer field, OR the special "CB Ajax Points field". How would you integrate CB, if you don´t know which field is to alter?

Sergey
15 May 2013 05:45

IMHO, it makes sense to have a solution for Cobalt and J! core only. Not everyone needs a full fledged Community extension. Would be nice to show Karma on users homepage, or in user statistics module. Maybe a special AJAX field for frontend.

yes it does not store it anywhere. If you know any extension that dedicated only to user points we may add integration. Then you do not need install JomSocial just for points integration

if you don´t know which field is to alter?

I will add parameter to select field with points in integration plugin.

Sergey
15 May 2013 05:46

Do we get new integrations with Cobalt 9? i.e. CB or Kunena.

No need to wait til Cobalt 9. We may add integrations to Cobalt 8. Because we already created event interface to Cobalt. We can integrate things like this without touching Cobalt.

pepperstreet VIP
15 May 2013 09:11

yes it does not store it anywhere. If you know any extension that dedicated only to user points we may add integration.

AFAIK, there is no standalone solution...

except for the good old AUP/AlphaUserPoints, currently J!25 only. Well known, but I am not sure about the future.

Maybe jLike ?

Thats why I think a Cobalt only storage and usage is a good idea.

yes it does not store it anywhere. If you know any extension that dedicated only to user points we may add integration.

I will add parameter to select field with points in integration plugin.

Sounds good! Do you need any files from CB for reference? Just drop me a line!