pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
16 Jan 2013 11:31

First of all and in general, there is much room for discussions on Joomla 3.0 user interface and experience. Currently, we have to eat what we get, and make the best of it ;-) Please, join the official JUX community, if you are interested and have some ideas...

IMHO, the Cobalt parameter pages and the general layout is not optimal. (due to J!3 current standards). The parameter sections are spread over the screen and the eyes have to travel a lot. Everything looks the same, and its hard to focus on something. There is not much difference between simple default options and advanced settings... personally I am missing a visual "weight" or visual hints that help the user to find the way through the vast amount of options. Maybe the the big light appearance makes it hard to focus on some parts... also the very thin headlines give no visual borders around the different sections etc. etc.

Quick'n dirty suggestions for parameter page layouts:

• Maybe add some icons before the titles of parameter-groups ? i.e. [icon]Tags, [icon]Comments
  • If Bootstrap default icons are too small, integrate the FontAwesome font! And give it some colors as well
  • try to use a stacking-order for parameter groups. Don´t layout different groups in a multi-column blog style.
  • use slider/accordions to hide unecessary information (comparable to J2.5 parameters on the right hand sidebar)
  • group parameter sections visually: give it a container and background color, maybe include the heading into this container.

Thanks for listening!

Last Modified: 04 Sep 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jan 2013 22:58

I do not even what to answer. It makes me sick. If you look into forum there are a lot of my posts. All issues you mentioned was addressed. But Kyle is a kind of person on his own. Not really listen to other people.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
04 Sep 2014 15:57

Sergey Kyle is a kind of person on his own. Not really listen to other people

:D ;)