andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
19 Oct 2012 14:11

Hi my friend, i need to know all practices, tips and tricks to speed up cobalt and fly high with my Joomla! website that use this great extension.

Also i want know the fields and activated parameters that can slow and eat much server resources ( RAM and CPU).

what's the best config for website run more than 1000 records ( use picture field + upload field + video field + relation + some basic fields )

Waiting answers, tips, tricks and good practices and magic formulas

Regards,

ANDI

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Oct 2012 22:50

For 1000 records you should not worry. Any set up will work smoothly. But if you have more than 20 000 then you can do some things.

1 do not use records calculation per category.

2 if you use relate fields do not show then in the list.

And other things like that. The main princip here is to turn off everything which you do not really need. And also you have to start this only if youbrealy get into problems. For example we have clients with 50000 records. And it is just work fine. Acceptible. Even with all mentioned above turned on.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Oct 2012 06:06

Okey as i understand, Cobalt run in shared hosting with 1000 to 10000 records can work great whiteout problem For more than 20000 records need to move to vps server

Not correct. That is depends on shared server. Sometimes you may use less or more. Sometimes there are VPSs tat are worse than shared hosting. So you have to go with memory, CPU and OS. FOr example

Cent OS, CPU 1Ghz, 1Gb RAM

Windows Server CPU 1 GHz, 1 Gb RAM,

And your conclusion have to be not on the statement of one who sells this extension but from your own benchmarks. Because otherwise it will looks like joke :) Sergey said it runs with 100 000 records ok on any server. Then if people fail? And they ask you how you calculated everything and you say there Sergey told you?

So if you want to do speed comparison table there is no other way but the one you have been already suggested by sackgeshist. You have to setup similar sites and run benchmark on all of them. You can to consider also features. For example there is no bookmark feature in K@ then you have to turn it off in Cobalt or mentioned that Cobalt run with extra features than K2 and so one. It will require some analysis.