andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
16 Oct 2012 12:36

i'm not able to order field properly, i think there is bug their, i hope that you fix it.

save order (don't work good, when i fill numbers)

up and down icons don't work too

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
16 Oct 2012 16:22

If you use groups, make sure the groups are ordered properly. (Click on the Group Manager Icon, then save the order and double check the order numbers)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Oct 2012 20:24

but must works without groups too

Do not work without ordered groups. Because it is ordered within the groups. So if all groups ordering 0 then for ordering it is all one group.

Sergey
17 Oct 2012 07:58

so what i understand i must group fields, and then ordering will work great ?

No you do not have to group fields. If you do not want you do not need. But if you want to group, check that ordering of groups in group manager is 1, 2, 3 but not 0, 0, 0

Once again. For ordering with arrows to work you are not required to use groups. You are required to ensure to order groups correctly if you use.

so what i understand i must group fields, and then ordering will work great ?

illing numbers

As for now this is not working with core Joomla mechanism. We did not write our own. It does not working because fileds are orders within 2 levels, first in type and then in group. Joomla do not have interface to solve it.

So right now entering of numbers does not work.

Sergey
17 Oct 2012 08:56

so i suggest to hide inputs of filling numbers, cuz this give a bad feeling when someone try to use it.

This is also part of Core Joomla ordering mechanism.

I am not saying it is not possible to do it will just require a lot of overrides, which will take time which we do not have :) I'll fix it in Cobalt 8 :)

Sergey
18 Oct 2012 03:53

also i suggest to create first steps for beginner users as in easyblog.

We do have quick start article and video in Community Knowledge

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
09 Dec 2012 13:07

So right now entering of numbers does not work.

:O:S:((

If it is displayed, it should work as expected. if it can´t, do not display it. (which will also confuse anyone)

BTW, same applies to the much more important "Compare feature".