Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
10 Mar 2012 19:23

A search for "Test" with articles "Test", "Test 2", "Test 3", "TestX" will give the result "Test", "Test 2", "Test 3", but not "TestX" -> can find only full words

Since the search includes the author email, user name and user type, it might create unwanted results. Example if a user with email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. creates plenty of articles and someone wants to search for "Water" (expected to be in the title), the search will return all articles of This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., even without the word "water" in the title/search fields ...

Another problem (same as in 1.5.9) for the search is following scenario:

I encode 1000 articles .. now i decide to make one of the encoded fields searchable. To get it working, i have to edit and re-save all 1000 articles again ... (not acceptable)

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 Mar 2012 23:31

As you know we use full text search. May be we need to add checkbox to look of whole word or part. We wil not include emails in to search. I'll delete it by next version.

I agree about disadvantage do searchable parameter. But right now I do not see the other way to do it. You know that for text search we do not use any join or even index table anymore. So text search should be quick. And this is our priority. And of we have to sacrifice some feature in sace of perfomans we are tended to do that.

But I'll think may be I will find the way around. Or may be even you suggest something?

Sackgesicht VIP
10 Mar 2012 23:59

We had already a similar discussion here:

http://support.mightyextensions.com/en/mighty-resources-cck-joomla-component/problems/Resources +speed+problem%3A+Cannot+use+1%29+Categories+or+2%29+Text+search-355.html#comment-form

See also: https://s3.amazonaws.com/adwsfiles/pdf/2011-7/Sergey2.pdf

Sackgesicht VIP
11 Mar 2012 01:45

Sergey,

a suggestion would be:

1) Create a tool which will re-save all article/records of a particular TYPE and

2) Create a new section under core parameter for TYPE --> "Search Parameter" to specify the search parameter per TYPE.

Now there might be several ways to apply the "re-save" procedure under TYPE:

a) a button behind the option will call the "re-save" procedure from tools or

b) automatic resave, if the parameter changed when saving the TYPE parameters

3) "Re-save" based on the FIELD parameter "searchable". Either with

a) a button or

b) automatic resave, if the parameter "searchable" changed when saving the field parameters.

Example:

Sackgesicht VIP
21 Mar 2012 15:54

May be we need to add checkbox to look of whole word or part. We wil not include emails in to search. I'll delete it by next version.

Any news on this? It seems [Preview 3] did not address these changes..

Sackgesicht VIP
02 Apr 2012 05:36

Build 7997 ... still the problem with search .. it will only find full words, unlike in the back-end, it will work on parts of the title

see example at topic start