Xtream VIP
Total posts: 129
19 Jan 2017 19:22

Hello I have a lot of old articles and now I need to update some information in all of them. I created a csv with the same ID, TITLE, Category and another fields of my old articles, but on final import step I see, that cobalt create all articles as new and in Updated articles is 0. What I'm doing wrong?

Last Modified: 01 Feb 2017

Xtream VIP
20 Jan 2017 16:03

After some experiments I have found that problem is with creation of new import profile.

So, my example: Old articles ids are - 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405....

After new import profile is created (with name "Import test") and my import process is finished I can see that cobalt didn't update old articles but creates a new with ids like - 700, 701, 702, 703, 704, 705.

Next time if I make import with the same import profile "Import test" I can see that my new articles with ids 701-705 are updated, not created as new!

After this I checked sql tables and in table "_js_res_import" I found my import profile "Import test" with interesting column "crossids" where was next data {"400":"700","401":"701","402":"702","403":"703","404":"704","405":"705"}.

In my next step, I manualy change data in "crossids" to {"400":"400","401":"401","402":"402","403":"403","404":"404","405":"405"} and now I can update my old articles without creating new ones.

P.s. and also problem is with Title! If we use Composite title, import function didn't work (because Title is hidden (why?) but it's a required field). So we need, firstly to change Composite title to Standart title in setting of type, after this make our import and in final step change again Standart title to Composite title.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Jan 2017 05:32

Xtream If we use Composite title, import function didn't work

That is right. Composite title is not updated on import. Import uses simplified version of article creation because if it would use standard version will all the features, you could barely import dozen of articles. Article creation process is one of the most complicated parts of Cobalt.

Xtream VIP
25 Jan 2017 14:14

But why title field is hidden in import process when we use Composite title? Maybe it's possible to make it visible and user can choose what data to publish in this title field, as it is possible when we didn;t use composite title.

And what about problem with IDs of old articles? why after first import all articles are created as new, but when manualy correct "crossids" import updates old articles?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Feb 2017 15:16

Xtream But why title field is hidden in import process when we use Composite title? Maybe it's possible to make it visible and user can choose what data to publish in this title field, as it is possible when we didn;t use composite title.

It is not this simple. There are a lot of other parameters involved. I can do that and this will work in your case for your scenario but it will not be universal.

Xtream And what about problem with IDs of old articles? why after first import all articles are created as new, but when manualy correct "crossids" import updates old articles?

This is because in CSV ID field you indicate IDs of your original export. it is not to compare to destination IDs. Once map is generated it start tracking.