tofty VIP
Total posts: 54
20 Dec 2016 02:21

Hello,

Question A: In the search box in the Section Menu, the search box has " Search... " inside the search box.

1) How can I change this text.

2) How can I change this text to be different for each section. For example, in Section A, the box could contain " Search ingredients... " and in Section B, the box could contain "Search recipes... "

Question B:

1) Is there a button that can be added via an option in Cobalt to sit to the right of the search box in the Section Menu to click to perform the search? If so, can the text on that button be customized?

2) Is there a button that can be added via an option in the Section Menu to clear the search?

Thora

Last Modified: 24 Dec 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Dec 2016 05:56

tofty 1) How can I change this text.

Create override for CSEARCHPLACEHOLDER constant.

tofty 2) How can I change this text to be different for each section. For example, in Section A, the box could contain " Search ingredients... " and in Section B, the box could contain "Search recipes... "

Not possible without modifications in markup template. It is in line 97. You can copy markup template and modify it. Append section ID to constant and then add different values for CSEARCHPLACEHOLDER_5 where _5 is a section id.

tofty 1) Is there a button that can be added via an option in Cobalt to sit to the right of the search box in the Section Menu to click to perform the search? If so, can the text on that button be customized?

Nope. There is no such a button. But again you can add it in custom markup template.

tofty 2) Is there a button that can be added via an option in the Section Menu to clear the search?

When there are more than one filter applied, this button appear automaticaly. If there is only search, then there is a filtwer warning box with cross button to clear this particular filter.

tofty VIP
Total posts: 54
24 Dec 2016 07:33

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for all the info! I'll work my way through implementing these.

Thora