cbyrne
Total posts: 5
14 Mar 2019 04:17

Hi

A site I manage has begun displaying the section title in the record title. So for example the title of the page is saying Board of Directors - Content. This was previously disabled but I am currently unable to disable this or unable to find where to disable this.

This is occruing on all pages on the site. Are you able to point out where I can disable this?

Thanks Chris

Last Modified: 29 Mar 2019

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Mar 2019 05:01

Section is added in line 426 of components/com_cobalt/views/record/view.html.php. It was always there. There never was a parameter to hide it. May be you used 3d party SEO extension?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Mar 2019 04:08

cbyrne So for example the title of the page is saying Board of Directors - Content.
... This is occuring on all pages on the site.

Hello, I am not sure about your description. Do you mean each single record title? Or the browser page title? Or the page title above a section/category list?

For lists and browser page title, there are settings in:
Your Section -> General Parameters -> Templates -> Markup Layout -> click edit button...
In template settings see -> 3rd tab Titles

There are also record title settings in:
Your Type -> General Parameters -> Article Title

If you see your unwanted titles in record full view, you might also have a custom template!? Check here:
Your Type -> General Parameters -> Templates -> Full article (default? or custom name?)

Hope this helps.

cbyrne
Total posts: 5
29 Mar 2019 01:38

Thanks Sergey, that was it. I suspect that this file was edited at some point.