x-bit VIP
Total posts: 11
28 Mar 2016 14:13

Hello Sergey and team!

We are using Jomsocial in a quite basic way to gather more information during sign-up.

It seems, that when the Emerald plugin "Emerald Subscriptions" is set to "Enable plan selection during registration" to YES, the registration process does not work. After providing name and email, Jomsocial asks for the extended information and then, when routing to the avatar picture upload, I receive: http://prntscr.com/al3vd0

Disabling the Emerald plugin or setting "Enable plan selection during registration" to NO, does help, but the pay plans aren't shown anymore.

Please explain how to join the two for creating an sucessfull registration flow.

Thanks for any hints!

Last Modified: 24 Aug 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 Mar 2016 19:59

Hello x-bit,
I have to admit that I do not use JomSocial, but as far as I know, there is no plan selection on JomSocial register form. Currently, Emerald shows plan selection in EasySocial and Joomla core.

However, I am sure it is technically possible. It would require some custom work.
BTW, here is a short summary of Emerald's workflows...

(comment from related topic, written by Sergey)
Emerald does not have registration process built-in. But it have 3 subscription modes.

• SAR / Subscription After Registration
    Registration is normal through any registration extension and then subscription is on demand, whenever user wants to access restricted area.

• SDR / Subscription During Registration
    This is when Emerald add subscription selector field to registration form. Right after registration user is redirected to payment gateway. But this is limited to Joomla core and EasySocial right now.

• RDS / Registration During Subscription
    There is nor registration form here. When a user clicks Subscribe or tries to access restricted area, he ends up on payment confirmation page. He only enters email and clicks checkout. Account is created, email with access details is sent and user is immediately redirected to payment gateway.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Mar 2016 11:51

x-bit After providing name and email, Jomsocial asks for the extended information and then, when routing to the avatar picture upload,

most probably this s the reason. The redirect to extended infor happence before our plugin. I am not sure how JS implemented Joomla core user profile plugins into their system. Perhaps some functionality have been lost.

x-bit VIP
07 Apr 2016 17:51

Hello Sergey and Pepperstreet,

Thanks for your answers and sorry for coming back to this matter so late. We are stuck in some other projects but will continue with the Emerald componente this week.

It is, to be honest, a little bummer, that we may not keep our existing workflow. Please see my thoughts about the possibilites:

• SAR / Subscription After Registration Registration is normal through any registration extension and then subscription is on demand, whenever user wants to access restricted area.

This isn't what we need, as we do not provide registration without subscription. I really don't feel comfortable to let the user subscribe and then, when he would like to download something (this requires payment) he has to start the payment process first.

• RDS / Registration During Subscription There is nor registration form here. When a user clicks Subscribe or tries to access restricted area, he ends up on payment confirmation page. He only enters email and clicks checkout. Account is created, email with access details is sent and user is immediately redirected to payment gateway.

We need some more info about the user. We really just ask for the bare minimum, but we need to know if he is male / female and the birthdate. We are using, as mentioned already, Jomsocial for this and we have now over 10.000 active users. Migration to EasySocial is not possible.

• SDR / Subscription During Registration This is when Emerald add subscription selector field to registration form. Right after registration user is redirected to payment gateway. But this is limited to Joomla core and EasySocial right now.

Actually that is what we use today and where we have to get for migrating AEC to Emerald.

It seems as this would be something to code. We would need some custom work done for integrating Jomsocial in the registration / sign-up process. AEC does this quite nicely and I would like to receive an offer from you.

Please be so kind and inform price and timeline for such a solution. We are able to provide Jomsocial component / Jomsocial forum access if this would be necessary!

Thanks for a quick feedback!

EDIT: Joomla 3.5.1 broke some funcionability of AEC. When choosing offline payment, the final "Thank you" pade isn't showing, it throws an error and the email with payment details is not sent anymore.

The air is getting thinner! :'(

Sergey
13 Apr 2016 08:42

x-bit This isn't what we need, as we do not provide registration without subscription. I really don't feel comfortable to let the user subscribe and then, when he would like to download something (this requires payment) he has to start the payment process first.

Missunderstanding. User do тещ subscribe but simple register. Username and password that is it. And when try to access something restricted, he is suggested to subscribe.

x-bit Actually that is what we use today and where we have to get for migrating AEC to Emerald.

I understand. I know that AEC even acording to its name bing subscription to user account. I do not know about latest versions, but usualy there was not possibility to exists one without the other in AEC. It also meant that when subscription expires, account is gone and you have to create another account again.

Actualy that was one of the real limitations of AEC.

With SAR user subscribe separate from registration. It means when subscription expires he can still login and do the staff that allowed for registered users, but as soon as he whants to get access to paid part of your site, he create new subscription. And create subscription you do not enter anything. You do not enter your name or gender. You just click Subscribe, complete checout and your back. So once users have to register, and then subscribe.

Also remember "Require registration" option. This will not allow your users to go anywheer after registration untill they purchase a subscription. That sort of 2 step registration.

x-bit It seems as this would be something to code. We would need some custom work done for integrating Jomsocial in the registration / sign-up process. AEC does this quite nicely and I would like to receive an offer from you.

Let me check it's API and I'll tell you how fast it can be done and how much it is going to cost.

x-bit VIP
14 Apr 2016 19:50

Hello Sergey,

No, it isn't as you recall, at least not for the last 3 to 4 years we are working with AEC. As AEC is absolutely depending in Joomla registration, after expiration the account get blocked and, when logging in, the user ist redirected to a special "Renew now" site. The userprofile isn't lost, it is still stored in Joomla (and in our case Jomsocial). It seems that SAR with the "Require registration" is exactly what happens today.

As we have to get a solution to the Jomsocial integration on sign up for further testing, it would be very kind of you to have a look if there is any possibility to integrate it.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Sergey
19 Apr 2016 07:17

Just recently I've got free copy of JomSocial from Merav. Now I have something to test with. Give me some time.

x-bit VIP
19 Apr 2016 14:35

Hello Sergey,

Those are good news!

If you need anything just let me know, I am happy to help.

x-bit VIP
22 Jun 2016 18:10

Hello Sergey!

Were there any progress on this matter? We may not use Emerald without this solution.

Thanks for any feedback!

Sergey
23 Jun 2016 04:38

Unfortunately till this time I was not able to test it. I'll try to do it next week if I have time.

Unfortunately it was never stated that Emerald works with JoomSocial. Only core registration and EasySocial for now officialy supported. So what you antualy have is a feature request. I was trying to make it for you very quick, but I've got very buzy recently.

x-bit VIP
16 Aug 2016 19:29

hello Sergey, I know, time flies and I really don't want to bother you... but the project for changing the subscription component is still active and I would like to remind you about my problem.

As said, we are unable to migrate away from Jomsocial at the moment as we are struggling very hard with the AEC problem.

Please give me short feedback, thank you!

Sergey
24 Aug 2016 16:35

I really do not have time now to develop registration field for JomSocial right now. I am sorry. I want to help but I cannot. Although if you hire freelancer I am here to assist. He can look other fields for EasySocial and core Joomla regixtration and quickly understand an idea if it is Joomla experienced developer.