Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
13 May 2013 06:30

Ok, so yes, maybe I'm being a dork, but I've looked in all the template settings and cannot seem to find where to turn this off. Is it possible?

Thanks.

Jude

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 May 2013 00:35

Just add a single article.

This message is shown where potentially articles might get shown. So if you do not expect articles to be there change settings. To help you with suggestion what settings please енудд me more. On what page you want to hide this message. And do you expect articles to be there or not or you just want to hide message.

Judah Raine
16 May 2013 11:04

Hi there, I'm going to just be patient :) There will be articles, hopefully in a couple of weeks as my authors submit their stuff. It just seemed a bit "in my face" but is not that important. Thanks

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 May 2013 09:00

Apart from Cobalt backend settings and editing templates... there is a typical global method to deal with texts and language strings in Joomla >1.7

Language Overrides

Fortunately with backend UI and search in Joomla 2.5

• Go to -> Extensions -> LanguageManager -> Overrides

• Make sure to select the correct language on left-hand selectbox i.e. "English Site"

• Click NEW

• Copy "there are no articles here" to Search box on left-hand side

• Search for VALUE

• Click on "CNOARTICLESHERE" in Search Results

• Right side is updated with the current language string...

• Change text to your liking i.e. empty value

• Hit Save.

No worries, save creates an override in a special language file. Nothing is lost! If you want to restore the original value... you can delete the Override in the manager list view. Or edit it again, do the same search via search input... click result again... and change it to another value.

Judah Raine
29 May 2013 01:49

Ah, what a valuable piece of advice, thank you!!

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
29 May 2013 06:16

Language Overrides

Fortunately with backend UI and search in Joomla 2.5

Just for completeness...

the older manual way without backend UI. Still good for mass changes ;-)

and a J!25 tutorial with screenshots :-)

Also describes and shows the actual location on your server. Always good to know some technical backgrounds.

Judah Raine
30 May 2013 00:50

Oh yes, and my technical background is sadly lacking... my major downfall :D Thank you!