Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
20 Apr 2013 10:26

Hi everyone. I hope you are all well.

I've been absent due to my brother in law's death and a whole lot of sorting out that was needed. Now I'm back and just updated cobalt 7 to all the latest files...

I see Cobalt 8 is still very much beta - do you recommend installing this or should I stick with 7 for now?

Also, I've picked up errors on modules using the spiral scripts featured items, but I think it's cobalt fields related:

Warning: include(/home/classicr/public_html/components/com_cobalt/fields/url/tmpl/output/smallcover.php) [function.include]: failed to open

This shows as a link and when clicked takes me to the category the module is assigned to and expands the error as follows:

Warning: include(/home/classicr/public_html/components/com_cobalt/fields/url/tmpl/output/smallcover.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/classicr/public_html/components/com_cobalt/library/php/fields/cobaltfield.php on line 133

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/classicr/public_html/components/com_cobalt/fields/url/tmpl/output/smallcover.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/classicr/public_html/components/com_cobalt/library/php/fields/cobaltfield.php on line 133

Obviously something has changed :) I'd appreciate your insight, thank you. (I'll try not to hassle you too much)

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
20 Apr 2013 11:04

Okay, no panic :) I copied the amended templates into the new url folder and we seem fine. I breathe again.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Apr 2013 06:46

I see Cobalt 8 is still very much beta - do you recommend installing this or should I stick with 7 for now?

that depends on what Joomla you use. You cannot install Cobalt 8 on Joomla 2.5 and Cobalt 7 n Joomla 3.0