Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
01 Sep 2013 01:26

Hi there - installed all component, modules, plugins via extension manager. Cobalt was visible in Global configuration but not in components list. I then uninstalled all via extension manager.

Cobalt pkg will not uninstall - following error:

Warning

Package Uninstall: Missing manifest file

Error uninstalling package.

If I look via ftp no cobalt files are visible. Also, if I look at the listing in extension manager it says author etc are Unknown, which seems a little odd to me.

Your assistance would be appreciated, thank you.

Last Modified: 29 Jan 2024

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
01 Sep 2013 03:09

Can you just try to install it again ... make sure you use the latest version of Cobalt 8 and Joomla.

Any error messages when installing?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Sep 2013 03:53

Go to extension manager and search all installed elements for Cobalt text. Select all you find and uninstall it. Then try to install again.

Judah Raine
01 Sep 2013 04:07

Hi there, just checked, it's the latest version.

If I try to uninstall: I get the following:

Warning

I then tried installing again and get the following:

Warning

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/classicr/public_html/administrator/components/com_cobalt

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/classicr/public_html/administrator/components/com_cobalt

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

Installing component was successful.

I had a look under extensions manager, and it's there, and it now has Mintjoomla details which it didn't have before.

It is present under global configuration, but does not appear in the components drop down list.

Thank you!

Judah Raine
01 Sep 2013 04:25

I confess I think I messed up on initial install. Had another look at the extension manager:

You'll see it's the package file that has no information. I think I actually "installed" the full package file first time around instead of the unpacked component. That is the file I have been trying to uninstall with no success.

The file I have just installed is the correct one, and that is where I go those error messages as per comment above. My apologies. I was an idiot. But I cannot remove the package, it's not showing in my ftp or site control panel file manager.

I am sorry to irritate you like this.

Jude

Sergey
01 Sep 2013 04:29

Do you mean you delete it but it does not disappear from the list?

Judah Raine
01 Sep 2013 04:34

I try to uninstall, but I get

Warning

It doesn't disappear from the list.

Sergey
01 Sep 2013 06:39

Ten look its ID in the last column and delete from __extensions manually.

Judah Raine
01 Sep 2013 07:05

Thank you!! That resolved both my issues. I did not think of searching the database with the extension ID, so I learned something here :D

Also, with this deleted, the correct component installed correctly and is now visible in the component drop down list.

I appreciate your help!

lmarazzo VIP
Total posts: 98
12 Oct 2017 00:23

uninstall broke my site onlinemusicguild.com

Sergey
15 Oct 2017 12:38

I am sorry. It is defenetely not because of Cobalt itself but because of Joomal uninstall system.

danielusa0106
Total posts: 1
11 Feb 2023 08:34

You should update a new version of Coban and after installing, remove the version krunker you are using, it will fix those errors. tetris unblocked

adamusa
Total posts: 3
24 Jul 2023 06:26

Most programs come with an option to uninstall via Control Panel (Windows) or Applications (macOS). Try uninstalling through these options to see if the program is completely removed. slope

boystrong1003
Total posts: 3
26 Jul 2023 03:44

You've put all your time and effort into developing and perfecting this product or service or service spanish to english, and now you're ready to share it with the world.

Billie34
27 Nov 2023 04:05

Remove Hidden Windows 10 Features from Apps and Features/Programs suika game and Features. Look for and choose Hidden Windows 10 Features from the list. The next step is to click on uninstall to begin the uninstallation.

LucyCoffee
29 Jan 2024 10:00

For invisible or uninstallable Cobalt, check your system's installed programs, search for a dedicated uninstaller in Cobalt's directory, try Safe Mode, manually delete files, and clean the registry (Windows). If issues persist, contact Cobalt's support. Always exercise caution during manual removal to avoid unintended consequences.I hope these are helpful to you half body sexdoll