Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
31 Aug 2013 23:50

First, let me say that the majority of the forums out there can learn from this one - you guys rock, and will continue to rock once some of those out there are gone.

I've spent a few days with JomSocial forums and I am unimpressed. It seems everything is "outside the scope" of their after sales service. I pay to be able to post a question for which I don't actually get an answer - I could find a JS fundi and pay the same amount as a retainer and get better responses. So I ask myself the question - can I comfortably commit my site to that kind of ongoing technical support - and keep paying for nothing???

So today's question is: CB versus JS?? Does CB have a comprehensive integration with Cobalt 8 - I purchased the JS one, but didn't find CB.

The nature of my new site is such that I will need good backup support. Alternatively, if I need to find an outside company that will offer the same support on the subscription system then so be it, but it will need to be someone who is familiar with the community component and Cobalt 8.

The fact is that I'm tired of paying for services that don't deliver, and it's next to impossible to determine reliability based on a webpage.

All input, suggestions, recommendations appreciated!

Thanks,

Jude

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Sep 2013 03:55

Does CB have a comprehensive integration with Cobalt 8

Not yet. only basic. Avatar and link to profile.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
01 Sep 2013 04:01

So today's question is: CB versus JS?? Does CB have a comprehensive integration with Cobalt 8 - I purchased the JS one, but didn't find CB.

As of the moment there is no plugin for download on the MintJoomla webpage.

For me the term "Integration" is always a little vague... What does someone expect from an Integration? Depending on individual needs there will always be different expectations.

See here how to access the CB API(Application Programming Interface) here and how to access CB field info here

More CB API tutorials here

Documentation about Cobalt 8 can be found here

Registered JomSocial users can find the developer docs here