Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
06 Mar 2019 18:02

I have video gallery section, which is connected to Singers and Groups sections via Relation fields, separate field for each of them to display who is singing song from video.

I want to know if there is any chance to display on Video Full view page in Records Module records which have same related singer or group? To display Other songs of same artist

I looked at Records field, but it does not support relation fields. So I have hope in Module.

I am searching for automatic solution. I know that I can get good result with Read also field but there I will need to add relations manually and becasue I will have more then thousand records in that section it will be problematic.

Last Modified: 21 Mar 2019

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Mar 2019 05:58

Look at Read more\Read also field.

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
12 Mar 2019 16:08

Yes I know about that field, but in this case I will need to connect articles manually. I hoped that there would be automatic solution like Relations field but for accepting to user child/parent fields as source field to relate articles.

I want something simillar to this http://www.mintjoomla.com/support/community-forum/user-item/63-xtream/48-cobalt-8/8248-list-of-id-of-all-child-articles-on-child-page.html

In your comment you mention Or you want to get list of other chidren of the same parent? This is what I want.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Mar 2019 05:27

Giorgi625 I will need to connect articles manually

This is exactly what this field does. Only manual connections.