Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
18 Feb 2019 13:23

I've just got an idea of module, not my original idea, but took from another site. Template which I created for Full record view is good, but there is not enough place for image field to show up as big as I want.

Image below shows my template for Full record. In red box is full view template, green box is right sidebar with modules.

https://i.postimg.cc/4dD5dMCf/kinokorea.jpg

I want to publish module in right sidebar and order it to be on top first place in that position.

This module should be shown only when record full view page is opened and it should show field from record which is opened. And it should show fields which I will select(blue box).

So it is pretty similar to records module but should display only one records fields and need to catch record which is opened. By default Records module has not this feature, but there are other modules which have feature to show only on full view. so I plan to investigate that modules and try to create hybrid of records module with that one and maybe I will get needed result.

I am not good enough in PHP but I will give it a try, maybe my knowledge will be enough, will be happy to get any tips and suggestions about this idea.

By this way here is almost simillar solution (not on joomla) Example... on this page some data of record (details and statistics) is shown on left sidebar, when you move to CAST tab, image goes to left sidebar too. I want to havelook like CAST tab on my full view.

Last Modified: 26 Apr 2019

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Feb 2019 09:28

I do тещ have time to create such a module.

Giorgi625 VIP
19 Feb 2019 14:16

I am not asking for creating it.

I want try to create it by myself, I am asking for tips and suggestions if after seeing this post anyone got interesting ideas too.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Feb 2019 13:07

I am up to it. Just ask anything. I am ready to give you tips of any kind. Sorry I did not understand your intentions.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Mar 2019 06:46

DYNAMIC MODE module for current record view

Actually a nice idea. But remember the mobile display. Usually on narrow screens, your sidebar will be shifted below the main content area! So you would have to care about a "re-ordering". Depends on your template and css framework. Bootstrap 2 & 3 have special grid classes to push/pull columns. I believe Bootstrap 4 calls the classes order-xx. BS4 docs link

pepperstreet VIP
22 Mar 2019 22:54

SOME THOUGHTS...

I remember, there was a little trick to have different module assignments for record full-view and list-view...

In your Type -> Properties -> Menu item ID

you might select another menuItem. Different to the regualr section list! That menuItem would have its own module assignment and you could move your modules to bottom/footer positions. I believe it applies for full-view and submission/edit.
Not sure though, if it has other negative impacts. At least, it is a solution without any 3rd-party stuff involved.

Similar solution might be to use 3rd-party stuff like:
- Advanced Module Manager
- MetaMod

pepperstreet VIP
24 Mar 2019 05:39

SOME MORE THOUGHTS...

Another way to have independent module assignments on list and record view is to load positions inside your custom Cobalt templates. This can be done programatically with pure PHP/JoomlaAPI or even with the help of JHTML/Joomla core plugin.
So, you are even independent from the Joomla main template layout.

Giorgi625 VIP
24 Mar 2019 14:09

pepperstreet

SOME MORE THOUGHTS...

Another way to have independent module assignments on list and record view is to load positions inside your custom Cobalt templates. This can be done programatically with pure PHP/JoomlaAPI or even with the help of JHTML/Joomla core plugin.

So, you are even independent from the Joomla main template layout.

I don't think that this is neccessary, because there are some cobalt modules which have feature to load only in Cobalt full view and I think edithing this modules is best way. I have modules which show users who have rated or bookmarked and they display only in record full view pages.

For now I don't have time to work on this module but when I will have free time I will try to make it.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
01 Apr 2019 10:48

Giorgi625 For now I don't have time to work on this module but when I will have free time I will try to make it

tell me as soons as available, ready to purchase.

Giorgi625 VIP
26 Apr 2019 20:08

clowride

Giorgi625 For now I don't have time to work on this module but when I will have free time I will try to make it

tell me as soons as available, ready to purchase.

I've got a solution, as full view templates are specific and its hard to predict how much and which fields will be used, better to discuss your needs via email.

If you are still interested let me know.