Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
31 Aug 2018 13:01

You see on a image what should I create. Full image is one module which should display records from one section, but first 4 records should be displayed in slideshow (in red dashed square ) while other 3 should be static in bottom (in green dashed square).

I remembered that Cobalt blog template has posibility to display in 3 different views Leading, Intro and Links and now I am editing this template if I will be able to get needed result.

But another option is to have two modules and in bottom module select to show items from 5th in ordering. Can it be done?

https://s22.postimg.cc/caxbvepu9/pronto.jpg

Last Modified: 07 Sep 2018

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
31 Aug 2018 17:09

Giorgi625 I remembered that Cobalt blog template has posibility to display in 3 different views Leading, Intro and Links and now I am editing this template if I will be able to get needed result.

If a list view is o.k. for you, I would also try to make a custom template from the "blog" logic.
All records come from the same section, and the lower part is the logical continuation of the upper records.
To me, it is 1 source and everything else is the display style.

Apart from a fixed amount, isn't there a setting to display all featured first?
So you might display all featured as leading items, and all others as intro items...

The module would make (some) sense to me, if the records have some criteria or a "flag".
Something that makes it possible to distinguish them to show in upper or lower part.
Maybe featured? Or a certain field value?

Giorgi625 VIP
02 Sep 2018 07:45

List view in not option for me, because I will need to have list with on different page with simple template for all records.

So I decided to use module and edit blog template which comes with Cobalt by default. I was able to get needed structure but for some unknown reasons images does not show up.

So I will keep testing and post an update.

Giorgi625 VIP
04 Sep 2018 11:47

Done, Click here to link...

just need to add some styling to get exact result, but important part about slideshow and bottom items is done.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 Sep 2018 17:29

Giorgi625 Done, Click here to link...

just need to add some styling to get exact result, but important part about slideshow and bottom items is done.

Cool, congrats! :)