Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
29 Aug 2018 17:26

I am using Gallery field on list view Click here to link...

I have one problem: when I click thumb images, it changes bigger image only for first record, for other records it does not work. click on thumb does not change bigger image.

Last Modified: 03 Sep 2018

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
31 Aug 2018 17:30

Just had a quick look onto your site, the first thumbnail pager does also control the second slideshow...
So I assume, it is a problem with unique ID's and the pager script. All thumbnail pager seem to have the same ID.

The actual galleries get the record-ID appended.
Maybe the pager have to follow this logic.

I have also noticed a newer release of the original BXslider script.
Maybe a good idea to update the main script in the near future.

pepperstreet VIP
31 Aug 2018 17:35

PS: The BXslider template name begins with FULL... so it might be a hint to use it on full-record-view only ;)
Obviously it is not a good idea to use a slider script with many images on a longer listing, due to performance and loading times.

Nonetheless, I understand your requirement, which makes sense for a shorter listing e.g. product catalog.
As always, it depends.

pepperstreet VIP
31 Aug 2018 19:49

Temp solution and fix

I have created a new list variant of the full view template: list-bxslider.com.php
I have changed the pager ID to get the unique $key, too. Additionally, I have also tested with the latest BXslider v4.2.1d script from Github.

Seem to work fine!

list-bxslider

Download, unzip, copy to your gallery field output templates folder:

/YourJoomla/components/com_cobalt/fields/gallery/tmpl/output/

In Backend, select your new list template in:
Gallery field -> field parameters -> template in the articles list view

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
01 Sep 2018 05:02

Thank you very much. It works perfect.

Yes I know that it is not good to use slider in list view, but I will not have full view pages and after finishing development there will be only filter module and items will be shown only after submitin some parameters to filter and there will be only 2-3 items in any case, not more. So there will not be much load on pages.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Sep 2018 14:17

I did not designed it to be used in the list. пood you could fix it.