lmarazzo VIP
Total posts: 98
19 Oct 2016 17:20

I was performing a little trick on the descriptions that actually works fine and provide an alternative way for creating good looking plans design. The thing consists in creating a module within an ImageShow and a text (or what ever you want) save it, create a new blank module, insert an element (a Joomla module Element) then select the recently saved module, set off the tittle, go to the Default Editor, copy its Source Code and paste it in the Emerald description Source Code (plan or group).

The whole thing works perfectly in this site: https://onlinemusicguild.com/index.php/en/learn.html

As you can see I use it constantly in groups description as in the plans descriptions and I never had a problem or had to do something else to make it work.

Now in a new site I am having 2 different problems with this trick. (same template, same joomla version, same Emerald version)

1- I make it work in this case (Group description and plans description), but it is not charging the ImageShows, instead, it creates the spaces for it but nothing, just blank space. http://spiritfeel.com/index.php?option=com_emerald& ;view=emlist&Itemid=465

2- In the other pages of the site I could not even make it work! http://spiritfeel.com/index.php?option=com_emerald& ;view=emlist&Itemid=2667

I mean, there is showing nothing, it doesn´t even make the space for it!

Is there something that I am missing? I must say, that I made a migration of this site.

Last Modified: 28 Oct 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
19 Oct 2016 22:15

lmarazzo little trick on the descriptions that actually works fine and provide an alternative way for creating good looking plans design.

In general a nice and clever idea. But...
you have to think about the way you achieve that.
Currently you build that content with JSN PageBuilder, AddOns and probably other Modules inside. I am aware that this might look easy and convenient, but you also add a lot of nested HTML markup!
The structure of the resulting HTML consists of a vast amount of containers. The layout and position is driven by a certain CSS grid. (often each extension adds his own solution or varient).

In short, different CSS grids are not meant to be mixed or even to be nested. It might work because of "name-spacing", but in general I would not recommend it. Most likely you are going to end up in trouble.

lmarazzo 1- I make it work in this case (Group description and plans description), but it is not charging the ImageShows, instead, it creates the spaces for it but nothing, just blank space. http://spiritfeel.com/index.php?option=com_emerald& ;view=emlist&Itemid=465

On a first quick look, there is a FLOAT LEFT property on your JSN PageBuilder element. This container element wraps your "jsn-mod-custom". Try to check the element parameters...

pepperstreet VIP
19 Oct 2016 22:19

lmarazzo 2- In the other pages of the site I could not even make it work! http://spiritfeel.com/index.php?option=com_emerald& ;view=emlist&Itemid=2667

Can't see any plans output at all, even not in page source. So it might be a configuration issue. Make sure you have selected a plans group. Did it save the parameter in MenuItem? Also check plans properties twice: Do they have any settings, which might hide them?

The JSN imageslider (skitter) seem to use an unordered-list. This UL has a property of "display: none". It comes from the slider's stylesheet. Do you have any style parameters or variants for the slider?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Oct 2016 05:43

i am not CSS guru but what I can see is that your image is 0x0 but originaly 550x550

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 11.48.00

Sergey
20 Oct 2016 11:50

pepperstreet A.) Parse content-plugins inside the description area. Allows J! core load-module/position syntax.

This is the thing. I do parse it.

lmarazzo VIP
20 Oct 2016 17:16

Ooook thanks! I was checking all the chain and I realized that I forgot to say something important!!! After trying different things I just ckecked just writting a "typical" description directly in the Emerald description input text. And nothing, it just does´t show anything. Actually, that was the thing that made me writte this topic and believe that is a problem with Emerald system haha!!

pepperstreet VIP
21 Oct 2016 12:53

lmarazzo I just ckecked just writting a "typical" description directly in the Emerald description input text. And nothing, it just does´t show anything...

Interesting. Hopefully not a result of my bootstrap2 "beta" template!? :o ;)

lmarazzo VIP
24 Oct 2016 16:59

Thanks for the help! Finally I solved it. It was a problem of settings redundance. When I create the "description module" I mean the one that is gonna be the visible, I´ve set the elements alignment in the center from Styling (for imageShows in special), so in the ghost module, I was doing the same, so there was a double order just indicating the same. Now I set the ghost module for No Alignment. Then the thing just works. Its curious because in the other website I showed you I didn´t touch the aligments (because I wanted all in the left) and Left is the defaut setting for everything, so the redundance was there anyway and never happened this. Anyway, it´s solved and the fact that the description wasn´t showing up too was because I haven´t created any plan for that group, so it doesn´t show anything, no plans, no groups :P sooo... sorry about that I added confusion. Thanks!

Sergey
28 Oct 2016 03:43

I am happy you have it sorted :)