poxxac VIP
Total posts: 30
18 Jul 2015 01:01

Hello,

I've been using Cobalt for a week thinking in 2 projects I've working on using Sobi, one of them I have the idea how to make it, thanks to Sergey's answer but the other one.....

It's a sponsorship site where people can donate money for kids. Each kid can have a sponsor and the idea is:

• Me, as a user, can see kids in a list with the name of the sponsor (if exists).
  • I can choose one and read a complete bio.
  • I can adopt a kid and I need to give some information of myself, such a name, postal code, etc.
  • Once the payment was confirm, the kid wont be able to be sponsored again and my name will be shown in the list of kids.

I was thinking in Cobalt and Emerald to do this. Anything to be worry about this?

Now the funny part xD Once I became the sponsor of the kid, I will be able to post in "kid's wall" comments or even pictures. Every wall is private and its only visible if I'm looking my kid's wall and I won't be able to see comments in other kid's wall.

Any ideas? I was thinking in using the option of comments of Cobalt but I have no idea how to configure it tofor the private thing.

Thanks so much

Last Modified: 07 Aug 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Jul 2015 06:33

poxxac I was thinking in Cobalt and Emerald to do this. Anything to be worry about this?

Yes for me. Usualy when we talk about BIO we talk about user profiles. I think it is ok that you do a kid profile as a Cobalt article. But other users have to be user registration profile something like JSN or EeasySocial.

poxxac Now the funny part xD Once I became the sponsor of the kid, I will be able to post in "kid's wall" comments or even pictures. Every wall is private and its only visible if I'm looking my kid's wall and I won't be able to see comments in other kid's wall.

What you can do is to create small Cobalt field that will show Become Sponsor or Adopt button in those kid articles that was not yet adopted. And for sponsored kids, it can show who is the sponsor. When this button is clicked, it only set the one who clicked this kid article author. And comments for this article are allowed only for author of the article.

I could make such a field for $20 because it is two hours work.

This is one way to go.

But it is not completely clear will kids be able to post anything? For what and who are those comments by sponsor?

poxxac VIP
21 Jul 2015 05:42

Sounds great, I think that will solve the comments problem.

The kid itself wont post, those kids are taken care of volunteers, so these volunteers will have some special access level to read posts from their sponsors and they will post in kids walls. That is why I think your idea will work perfectly.

The only thing I wanna ask you is, this new field, the become a sponsor button, it will only work if the person pays for it. Is it what you think?

Thanks

Sergey
21 Jul 2015 19:28

poxxac The only thing I wanna ask you is, this new field, the become a sponsor button, it will only work if the person pays for it. Is it what you think?

I did not think anything beacause I had very little input and I did not know. Now if you are saying that sponsor have to pay, I know and I can tell you yes it is possible. But that require discussion.

First it will work only with PayPal. Second will sponsor set the amount or admin when create kid article? One time payment or user can pay more after payment? Anso on and so force. You have to explain me full idea. And also that will raise custom development cost. Right now, from what I know I estimate it as $150 (10 hours approx) but when you explain everything it might be less.

poxxac VIP
22 Jul 2015 05:47

Sergey, is possible we can have a skype meeting and talk about this? So I can explain to you better and you can ask me any question you have.

Thanks so much

poxxac VIP
27 Jul 2015 09:28

Hi Sergey, I tried to contact you on Skype but it wasn't possible, can you please give me a shot whenever you can. This project was the main reason of buying Cobalt and Emerald and now I'm stuck because of this.

Thanks so much

Sergey
31 Jul 2015 06:43

Give me your skype. But make sure that it is allowed message exchange with people not in your contact list.

Note also that I have up to 10 connection requests in Skype a day. It is hard for me to know who is this I reject most of them. If you did not have propper comment to your request how you are and from where, I might reject your request.

Also do not send me request. I will not accept it anyway. Just send me text message.

poxxac VIP
31 Jul 2015 06:58

Sergey Give me your skype. But make sure that it is allowed message exchange with people not in your contact list.

Note also that I have up to 10 connection requests in Skype a day. It is hard for me to know who is this I reject most of them. If you did not have propper comment to your request how you are and from where, I might reject your request.

Also do not send me request. I will not accept it anyway. Just send me text message.

Done, I just texted you. My name is Jose Miguel Rojas

poxxac VIP
07 Aug 2015 09:39

Hi Sergey, I dont know if you are receiving my messages on skype, I want to know if its possible you can develop the field I need for my project. Thanks so mch for your answer.