poxxac VIP
Total posts: 30
23 May 2015 09:26

Hi, i've ben using Sobipro as a main tool for a ads website however i've been having some issues with paypal.

Basically I'd like to know if Cobalt can work for my requirements. I've been reading the forum and the documentation however I haven't found exactly what I need.

In simple words: Any register user can upload ads for free. These ads are automatically publish however any user can report an ad if it's inappropiate. There are 2 paid fields (checkbox) in the "new ad" form: homepage and top. If the user check these options, the user needs to pay using paypal to have his/her ad in the homepage as a banner and/or in the top in the category view.

I'm having this options working in SobiPro however is not as automatically as I wish. Can I do this with Cobalt?

Thanks,

Jose

Last Modified: 08 Jun 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 May 2015 05:19

That would be a work for both Cobalt and Eerald.

User can create ads. No check box is needed. You can set automatic ad lifetime and extension period. For example every add created for one moneth and then manually extended by 2 weeks.

Now in Emerald you can create subscription with will allow you to sell extensions and promotions or only one of those. You can create plan that have limited number of time user can use it. Let's say 5 but plan for 6 month. It will means that user may promote add or extend if you wish 5 times and he have to use that fortune within 6 month or it wil expire.

Cobalt have feature "Make Featured". In conjunction with Emerald user may make any article featured for limited amount of time.

For example user have a 1 year ad. Then he may make it featured(promote) for one week. And then again and again. Every time he does it, plan register it and counts usages.

And to that is even more convinient. For example I have 10 ads, and I promoted one ad for one week then another ad for one week and so on, and later I can see what ad was most effective. I mean for the same amount of money end user get's more flexability in hand.

All what I described is totaly automated and require no involvment of administrator into routine. Only when there are some issues.

Theer is parameter in Cobalt to show featured articles first in the list. You can also use CSS to highlight featured articles.

There is a module that can show only featured articles. And this module is sensetive to category navigation. It means that if user see all ads in one category, module may show all featured articles on that particualr category and when user change category, so the module.

poxxac VIP
Total posts: 30
06 Jun 2015 08:23

Great!, im gonna start making some tests, however, is there any possibility I can send the link of the current website as a PM so you can check if what I'm doing is possible to do it with cobalt and emerald?.

THere is a quick question: if i have records with address and map, is there any module or component view to see in the map all the records? If I can send to you the link, you will see what im talking about.

Regards,

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Jun 2015 12:05

poxxac records with address and map, is there any module or component view to see in the map all the records?

Hello poxxac, the Address & Map (Geo) field includes a special Map template for this purpose. You will find a lot of parameters and options. There is even a template for the "Info Window". The Map template can be used on section lists or in records module.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Jun 2015 12:53

poxxac I can send the link of the current website as a PM so you can check if what I'm doing is possible to do it with cobalt and emerald?.

Much better if you just list functionality in form of text. because website analysis may be really time consuming and confusing.