gregoconnor VIP
Total posts: 34
09 Jan 2017 08:16

I have a Joomla site http://rainbowrv.com/index.php . when a user mouses over "Events" then clicks on the item "My Chapter Events" Emerald restrictions wont let them in and proves a login form. The form fails to log in a user and sends no messages or email when they try and use the forgot link. I added text to the error message to direct users to select the top Sclogin module.
Please advise me on a way to fix it or.....Is there a way to just delete the form from showing up and just continue to instruct users to log in at the the top. thanks in advance for your help Greg

Last Modified: 13 Jan 2017

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
13 Jan 2017 11:34

Hello Greg, I don't know your registration workflow, but here are some thoughts:

I assume, you don't have a regular Joomla login menuitem. Only that 3rdparty SClogin module.
So it's difficult to have a certain page layout and module assignment.

Isn't there a global config parameter in Emerald backend? There you could change and enter any URL.
By default, this is the Joomla login URL. This is the view/page you are currently redirected to.

With a specific menuItem(ID), you would have the option to assign your SClogin module.
You might even create a single custom article and load your SClogin module inside (or use a respective existing module position). This should bypass the J! default login display.

You said the login "fails". What does that mean exactly? What happens?