darkhoros VIP
Total posts: 152
05 Jun 2017 22:10

Hi, I need to know if and how to show only featured records, if there is such a built in option or if I can create pre filtered link in menu to link to only featured records. I know there is an option in sections to show featrured records first, but I need to be able to show only featured records. I hope this can be done. Thankn you.

Last Modified: 18 Jun 2017

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
06 Jun 2017 00:36

darkhoros,

see the documentation on Render Article List.

Unfortunately it is a little outdated and does not show all possible parameter options - use "only_featured" as the "view_what" parameter.

I believe the records module has this parameter also included.

darkhoros VIP
Total posts: 152
06 Jun 2017 16:34

Thank you Sackgesicht for your kind reply. I had a look at the page youe sent, seems valuable, but I was not able to make out of it what I should do to get only the featured records. Do i need to create a new view for records in cobalt path, I am not sure, all what I need is to have a menu link to featured only records, if you can just explain what I need to do.

Thank you for your time a lot. Regards.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
06 Jun 2017 17:21

darkhoros,

try the MODULE "Cobalt - Module - Records". Create a menu link for a module page. Some templates have options for pages without the "content area". Another way might be a page wich does not have content.

Example: If you don't use the Joomla featured article, just create a link to "Featured Articles" which will not show anything. test

Then assign the module " Cobalt - Module - Records" to this link. Choose a module position and publish the module. In the module settings under "General", choose your section and set the "What to show" to "Only featured". Adjust the othersettings to your liking ... test2

Hope this is what you want to achieve ...

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Jun 2017 08:26

Youu cannot show only featured articles in Cobalt vew output. Why? If you show only featured then how you show the rest? But you can make it so that featured articles always on top.

You can show only featured articles in Records module though like Sackgesicht had mentioned.