darkhoros VIP
Total posts: 152
03 Jun 2017 14:31

Google maps script is included with no geo field in website

Hi, Why is the google map script is included in all website pages, while I am not even using the geo field, I need the option to remove this script. Is that possible, it should be only included in pages where there is a call to geo field.

Any one kow how to remove this and adjuste it as expected if poosible. Thank you.

Last Modified: 26 Jun 2017

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
07 Jun 2017 00:14

I remember that this was fixed some years ago.

I just checked it here with a section where some records use the geo field, while others dont. Google Maps Javascript is only loaded in full view, when the field has content.

Do you have a link to the site where it is always loaded?

But the topic reminds me on another old and similar topic with felixrating.js ...

darkhoros VIP
07 Jun 2017 13:58

Hi, Thank you for your help, here is the url http://www.cdcegypt.com/index.php/projects/category-items/1-projects/3-administration-buildings

this is a category listing page, field used are record title and record images only, view the page source, you will find the google maps api is loaded?!!

I need to get it removed so I can activated another module that has his own api loaded and both are confilicting.

Thank you. Regards.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
09 Jun 2017 03:19

Hmmm... I can see it on your site.

Here on my site it is not loaded on the list view page. Based on the Cobalt (8.741) About page, i am using V8.226 of the geo field.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Jun 2017 08:23

Most probably you use custom template that shows only picture and title but GEO field is still enabled to be shown in the list. Turn it off for list vew.

darkhoros VIP
23 Jun 2017 11:20

hi Sergy, I dont have a geo field at all, has not created one at all. Thank you.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Jun 2017 10:48

What is exact inclusion URL?