bonzomedia VIP
Total posts: 39
30 Aug 2016 12:02

If anyone else is using the new Stripe payment gateway, then the following might be useful:-

I tested (quite extensively!) the new Stripe gateway in test mode and then flipped it into Live mode, applying the new live API keys from Stripe.

One off, non-recurring donation payments worked fine.

However, if I tried to make a recurring subscription I got the following error message:

WARNING - No such plan: 8-1000; a similar object exists in test mode, but a live mode key was used to make this request.

It seems that Stripe has an issue with plans with the same name being created in test mode and then a subsequent request to create the plan in Live mode.

The answer is to log into your Stripe dashboard, select the Account Settings option, click on the Data tab and then choose Test Data->Delete all Test Data. This will remove all test transactions, subscriptions and plans.

This fixed this issue for me.

Last Modified: 04 Oct 2023

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 Aug 2016 15:17

bonzomedia The answer is to log into your Stripe dashboard, select the Account Settings option, click on the Data tab and then choose Test Data->Delete all Test Data. This will remove all test transactions, subscriptions and plans.

+1

Cool. Thanks for sharing your experiences, time and efforts!

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Aug 2016 15:58

Are you saying that recurring transaction now works fine?

killersmile
Total posts: 121
26 Aug 2022 12:36

Interesting site i love it keep posting more! Click here

dordle12
Total posts: 11
21 Jun 2023 09:50

Your article is evidence of your diligence and prior experience in the field. Thank you for your generous contribution. If you have free time, visit the page redactle to enjoy these great games!

timothyferriss
Total posts: 3
04 Oct 2023 03:05

Clearing test data as you mentioned can indeed resolve conflicts that may arise from having identical 2048 plan names in both test and live modes.