hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
30 May 2019 13:03

Hello Sergey,

Now I have some time to implement Emerald 10 but I see that there are some display issues in the sales management area and sales group creation area.

I wish the icons were the same with the previous version so that I wouldn't have this much hassle to adapt the new version. Am I the only one that is facing this issue?

emerald

Also the published and unpublished icons look like "like" and "unlike" buttons. There are some more issues but I didn't want to write each of them, because the root cause of all these problems are the same. This line for example:

[class^="icon-"]::before, [class*=" icon-"]::before { font-family: "emerald";

Last Modified: 23 Feb 2020

hakana VIP
30 May 2019 16:52

It really doesn't matter which Bootstrap version I choose from the component settings.

hakana VIP
03 Jun 2019 11:56

If possible please give us an option in extension config parameters to remove (not include) this file:

/components/com_emerald/assets/font/css/emerald.css

I don't know the purpose of this file but this css file conflicts with my own template css or Joomla core protostar template css.

Without this file, everything looks ok as before.

I am also surprised why nobody has ever complained from this conflict before.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Jun 2019 12:24

еhe purpose of this file supply template independent icons support.

hakana VIP
04 Jun 2019 19:11

But it destroys my own template and even the core template which is Protostar.

So is it possible to add a setting to extension config parameters to include or exclude this additional css (emerald.css)

Otherwise, after every update etiher I have to delete this emerald css or make many changes to my core template.

[class^="icon-"]

Actually it conflicts with bootstrap not Protostar. Because what Protostar uses is a kind of embedded bootstrap. Therefore if you keep the code as it is now, I have to write a lot of css that ovewrites to my own template. Bootstrap defines [class^="icon-"] then your emerald css changes it, and then I need to overwrite some more code to change it back to the original. Actually I don't find it efficient and logical. Hopefully you review this idea of emerald.css

hakana VIP
05 Jun 2019 10:31

If I need to bypass this emerald.css by using a template override, is it possible and if yes, which file should I override?

Sergey
14 Jun 2019 12:29

Шээму looked closely and I confirm that I cannot solve this issue. I could rename all classes, but this is massive update and custom user templates will stop working. So right now the only option is to alter file after every update. But updated are not that often now.

hakana VIP
15 Jun 2019 10:06

As I have stated above, you can give us an option in component config settings in order not to include this css file at least. This is the simplest and quickest solution even though not the fanciest one.

Still thank you very much for your time.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Sep 2019 00:34

hakana As I have stated above, you can give us an option in component config settings in order not to include this css file at least. This is the simplest and quickest solution even though not the fanciest one.

Totally agree. This needs a fix and optimization, because currently it does not provide Joomla core compatibility. Funnily I never noticed this behavior.

At the moment, I am unsure why it has been implemented this way... it seems also very limited.
In any case, it should not clash with Joomla core BS2 & Icomoon.

Some thoughts:

• It needs a global setting to load it or not
  • since there is a global setting for CSS frameworks support, it might depend on that option
  • emerald.php file should implement it with JHTML syntax. This allows media overrides in Template folder!

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Sep 2019 23:33

hakana If I need to bypass this emerald.css by using a template override, is it possible and if yes, which file should I override?

Currently you can't override the file itself...
but as a workaround you can strip it off from the header.
Try to use the helpful plugin JCC (JS CSS Control) by kubik-rubik

https://kubik-rubik.de/jcc-js-css-control

Enable plugin, just enter the emerald.css name in the first parameter.
(Later on, you might play with the second parameter "execution limit".)

hakana VIP
20 Oct 2019 13:41

Hello Pepperstreet. Now I see your post. Actually I use BS3 over Joomla 3.9. So the conflict becomes apparent to me. Instead of using a plugin and strip that line, are there any other solutions? Most probably I might delete the file after every installation which is not a good idea, or replace it with an empty file.

hakana VIP
20 Oct 2019 13:44

The simplest solution is to add another option in Emerald config area and name it as "no additional css".

hakana VIP
04 Dec 2019 10:05

Hello Sergey,

I kindly request from you to add this "no additional css" option to the component config area.

pepperstreet also agrees with me with this simple solution and I believe it is not a lot of work. Just one setting in the admin config area and another if sentence in the code.

Thank you very much. Hakan

pepperstreet

hakana As I have stated above, you can give us an option in component config settings in order not to include this css file at least. This is the simplest and quickest solution even though not the fanciest one.

Totally agree. This needs a fix and optimization, because currently it does not provide Joomla core compatibility. Funnily I never noticed this behavior.

At the moment, I am unsure why it has been implemented this way... it seems also very limited.

In any case, it should not clash with Joomla core BS2 & Icomoon.

Some thoughts:

• It needs a global setting to load it or not
  • since there is a global setting for CSS frameworks support, it might depend on that option
  • emerald.php file should implement it with JHTML syntax. This allows media overrides in Template folder!* ...

Sergey
24 Dec 2019 07:22

Ok. I'll change icons of Emerald to new custom font with completely different prefix. But I can do that only when I finish Cobalt 9 template transformation. that is because Cobalt 9 and Emerald 10 are in one repository branch. I cannot run automatad builds now.

hakana VIP
23 Feb 2020 05:55

Thank you very much Sergey. Please put a note here when you are finished.