hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
16 Jul 2014 08:24

Hi Sergey,

Here I will share my ideas about the new Emerald.

When we click buy now link, the links are in this form: http://www.website.com/buy-now.html?view=empayment& ;sid=5

So you can make a gues the sid and enter the hidden payment options. Please make this sid parameter something unguessable.

Last Modified: 07 Sep 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jul 2014 11:17

I can. But even if user guess and change the plan, the result is just the other plan purchased. YOu cannot cheat with this parameter. And if you try to access plan that is not allowed for you, you will not have access anyway.

hakana VIP
16 Jul 2014 16:44

So what is your recommendation about creating a random long sid idea?

hakana VIP
16 Jul 2014 16:52

Another idea: I need a special notification.

If the user bought current plan and if he didn't buy some other plan, send user a specific notification. The content of the mail will be: "You have bought this plan but you haven't bought this one. Come and try this subscription plan as well."

Since there might be more than one plan that we recommend the user to buy, this might be a mailing action. The content of the action will be:

Two text boxes.
How many days later should the message be sent? What will be the content of the mail?

"... days after the expiry date of this plan, send user this mail"

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
16 Jul 2014 22:14

hakana Another idea: I need a special notification...

FYI

You might be interested in some capabilities of CB (CommunityBuilder). Especially the pro plugin called "CB Auto Actions". If you plan to use a "User Profile" extension and you need certain workflows and actions, you should have a look at it. I just scratched the surface, but it allows pretty awesome things... in most cases without real coding. Everything work with selectable triggers and actions. It is not easy-peasy, but I guess you are smart enough to get your head around it! ;)

PS: Auto-Actions and all CB plugins are still for CB 1.9.1 ... CB2.0 is currently in beta5! Plugins will run in final version in a compatibility layer... but will be converted to native CB2.0 shortly! Many field plugins get a complete overhaul.

For sure, EasySocial and JomSocial are prettier and very close to a facebook-clone... but CB still has some unique features for customization and integration. i.e. Auto-Actions, field output templates in CB20!

Related Links:

Sergey
17 Jul 2014 00:27

There is alert section in the plan. You can set any message you what upon success plan purchase.

hakana VIP
17 Jul 2014 08:23

Hi Pepperstreet, Thank you very much. I will have a look at those custom actions.

Sergey, I know the alerts section and I am using it actively. But what I want is a feature that will check if the user has not bought a specific plan and send an alert to that user. You cannot do this with the current alerts section.

At least you can make an addition to the current alerts section by adding the list of the available plans. You can create the label as: Send an alert to the user if he hadn't bought these plans.

This is something that Emerald does not have and if you add, it will add a lot of value to the component I believe.

hakana VIP
17 Jul 2014 08:26

Another idea:

Incomplete transaction alert

If the user wanted to buy a specific plan but could not complete the transaction, you can create a specific alert for that. "5 days later send the user this alert if his transaction is still incomplete"

This idea and the above idea are great for the follow ups and increase the revenue. This is something like emerald with CRM.

If you are not clear about what I am talking about, you can contact me via Skype.

Sergey
18 Jul 2014 01:29

hakana Incomplete transaction alert

This one is good. I agree.

hakana But what I want is a feature that will check if the user has not bought a specific plan and send an alert to that user.

This is more complicated. This settigs are not relatest to plans actualy. I mean I cannot add those parameters to plan it should be like general parameters. I think this is something users have to create on their own.

hakana VIP
20 Jul 2014 09:16

Sergey I think this is something users have to create on their own.

You create it and sell it as an add on? :-) I will buy it then :-)

Sergey
21 Jul 2014 00:48

I am not sure in what form to deliver. It should be sort of cron task.

hakana VIP
27 Jul 2014 16:55

Sergey

hakana Incomplete transaction alert

This one is good. I agree.

Sergey is it possible to add it in this version? I don't think it will be a hard implementation. If you do that, I promise to buy a full package of the next version :-)

hakana VIP
27 Jul 2014 17:00

Or I can sponsor this feature. 50 USD for example.

You can put a future requests table on this site, people might chose some of them and sponsor them if you want. You can also write the sponsorship fee ;-)

Enjoy :-)

Sergey
28 Jul 2014 03:23

I will consider it in Emerald 10. Something like email scheduler. I will remove alerts tab from the plan and allow to configure different alert's scenarios.

hakana VIP
05 Aug 2014 15:34

Hi Sergey,

In the notifications tab, you might consider adding the [PAIDAMOUNT] and the [PLANGROUP]. I would like to send user a payment confirmation. I send it but I cannot send the user the total amount he paid.

Kind regards, Hakan

Sergey
06 Aug 2014 10:46

I can add paidamount but you already know group name when you type a message, right?

Added [AMOUNT] to the next version.

hakana VIP
06 Aug 2014 20:02

Sergey I can add paidamount but you already know group name when you type a message, right?

I know it but I have around 5 groups and many plans. So it is easy for me to copy the plans. If I have the group name as placeholder, I don't need to go and make changes at every plan notification.

Added [AMOUNT] to the next version.

Thanks a lot, please add it to the language string and the docs ;-)

Sergey
07 Aug 2014 01:38

Added group name and updated description.

hakana VIP
27 Aug 2014 06:05

Hi Sergey,

Multicurrency support

It would be wonderful if a payment gate or a subscription plan supports multi currency. As far as I see, currently only one currency is supported at a time. We can write the supported currencies in the subscription plan in an array separated with comme and the user might be able to change the currency as he needs. Somewhere (maybe in the emerald settings), default currency and the multiplyer (coefficient) of the other currencies against the default currency can be defined.

Sergey
27 Aug 2014 23:26

List of the currencies belongs to gateway. It means if you configure 2 gateways there are different currencies list. Also with different currencies, there have to be converter.

And nowadays it is not impostant. You list your products in Lira and this is currency that you finaly get. People may pay fom any account such as USD, EUR, ...

hakana VIP
28 Aug 2014 09:04

Sergey List of the currencies belongs to gateway. It means if you configure 2 gateways there are different currencies list. Also with different currencies, there have to be converter.

I am not clear about this part. You mean multi currency is allowed in Emerald if I add more than one currency in the payment gateway (Garanti in this case)?

And nowadays it is not impostant. You list your products in Lira and this is currency that you finaly get. People may pay fom any account such as USD, EUR, ...

I know this, I have even told the same thing to a customer who wanted to buy my product from Germany. You might be right by bringing this to my attention. I am also selling coaching and for European countries I want to sell it with a fixed Euro amount and for the US with a fixed USD amount.

This is my other site, which works with the old subscription component. So you don't consider to build something like this? http://www.relationshipcoach.net/daily-practices/buy-now/register.html