hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
01 May 2014 19:48

Hi,

I am currently using OSE Membership and considering to replace it with Emerald as a subscription component.

I saw you on JED. Even though you have been the oldest component, why do you have only 6 reviews?

• I need a payment gate for a common payment point of a Bank in Turkey (Currenlty it is working in OSE membership)
  • I need all the data transfered to Emerald. (stopping the current service for one or two days is OK during the transition)
  • I need a custom report that I am currently using in OSE Membership,
  • I need the subscriber automatically be subscribed to benchmarkemail service. (Currently it is working on the site)

Do you think you can make all these for me and if yes, how much would it cost? Does Emerald have a sequential control system? Or can we manage it by a plugin?

Kind regards.

Last Modified: 30 May 2014

hakana VIP
01 May 2014 20:12

Looking forward to your answer Sergey.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
02 May 2014 03:49

Guest Even though you have been the oldest component, why do you have only 6 reviews?

Because we have changed the name from Joomla 1.5 (com_jcs) to 2.5-3 (com_emerald). And all Joomla 1.5 extensions are deleted from JED. And Joomla JED rules does not allow to name your extensions other than your com_XXXXXX.

Guest I need a payment gate for a common payment point of a Bank in Turkey (Currenlty it is working in OSE membership)

Tell me which one. I'll check documentation and I may create plugin for that gateway.

Guest I need all the data transfered to Emerald. (stopping the current service for one or two days is OK during the transition)

If you give me dump of all OSE tables, I can create import plugin for you.

Guest I need a custom report that I am currently using in OSE Membership,

I need more infor. What is that report?> Guest

I need the subscriber automatically be subscribed to benchmarkemail service. (Currently it is working on the site)

We can create such an action.

The ETA for all above (except report I do not know what it is) is 1-2 weeks.

hakana VIP
02 May 2014 06:50

Hi Sergey. These are wonderful news. What will be the cost of all these? Also, I could not manage to see the backend of the component. There are no screenshots and the backend of the demois blocked. Is it possible to see further?

I liked the way your component looks. To me, the look is very important.

Also, is there a sequential content control? It is like, make this content available for subscribers 3 days after the subscription? Are there notification messages for the waiting time?

Thanks a lot. I am curious but also a little bit hessitant because I can't see the backend.

Kind regards.

Sergey
02 May 2014 14:19

hakana What will be the cost of all these?

All is free except payment gateway. That may come to $50-$100 depending on gateway popularity (potential sales) and integration complexity.

hakana Also, I could not manage to see the backend of the component. There are no screenshots and the backend of the demois blocked. Is it possible to see further?

There is nothing in the backend. Emerald is totaly frontend extension. I restored demo. Login to frontend with administrator username and in user menu choose Emerald - Dashboard.

hakana Also, is there a sequential content control? It is like, make this content available for subscribers 3 days after the subscription?

We call it drip content. It is possible but only with Cobalt. There is a special field. You can activate next content based on Time period, admin approval, success quiz test passed. You can use mixed activation from article to article in one series. If it is time based, then user see when next article will be aveilable.

hakana VIP
02 May 2014 15:05

Hi Sergey,

Step by step, I am coming to you :-) All these sound wonderful. My site is like an e-learning site and in each course there will be different content release rules. You are saying that this is possible with Cobalt. I prefer to be as simple is possible. This is one of the main reasons why I don't prefer to continue with OSE. So I dont want to buy an additional big component.

So is there any other solution that you can offer me. This can be paid as well. A plugin or an additional component which will not overwrite the core of Emerald. Do you have some other options that you can offer me?

Kind regards.

hakana VIP
02 May 2014 15:37

Additional question, * What about hiding and showing some part of the content to the subscriber? Is that possible? * The same for modules. Can we hide some modules to subscribers and make visible some of them?

hakana VIP
03 May 2014 19:55

hakana So is there any other solution that you can offer me. This can be paid as well. A plugin or an additional component which will not overwrite the core of Emerald. Do you have some other options that you can offer me?

This can be achieved by a plugin where I add the release interval in the article. (Easier to develop, but not my first preference)

An additional component, where I see all the articles of the restricted content. I add the intervals on that table. (This is easier to manage)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
04 May 2014 00:12

hakana What about hiding and showing some part of the content to the subscriber?

Yes. As a result of this related forum topic "Restrict part of a content item"

The same for modules. Can we hide some modules to subscribers and make visible some of them?

Yes.

• Either by using the mentioned Content plugin syntax in J! Custom HTML module (enable Content prepare in module parameters)
  • Or in general, J! Modules should have an ACL parameter. So, you might assign subscribers to a certain usergroup by an Emerald Action

hakana VIP
04 May 2014 09:11

Hi pepperstreet. Thank you very much for your response. I have read the manuals a few times and I now that hiding some part of the content is possible.

Now I am looking forward to hearing from Sergey, if he can provide me a simpler solution for setiential content release. After that I will buy the component and start the migration with him (including getting produced the necessary plugins etc)

Kind regards.

Sergey
05 May 2014 05:21

hakana Now I am looking forward to hearing from Sergey, if he can provide me a simpler solution for setiential content release.

Unfortunately it is not possible to control шее from Emerald side. I mean Emerald even do not know what extenson you restrict, moreover the way extension controll its content. The only way to create content drip is to have extension that can actualy drip content and Emearld may manage access to that content.

The only solution for you is Cobalt or you will have to create your custom solution.

hakana VIP
05 May 2014 13:16

Hi Sergey,

Maybe I was not able to explain what I needed. You have already created the PAID plugin. If you add this plugin another parameter I think the issue will be solved and I will buy the component then.

[PAID={"id":"2,3"}{"day":"1"}] This means that the content will be available 1 day after the activation of the subscription.

At the top of every page of the restricted category, I can put these parameters and I will get what I need.

If you say that you can do this modification for me, I will immediately buy the longest subscription of the product.

I loved your enthusiasm to develop this product. Thank you very much, looking forward to your answer.

Sergey
05 May 2014 16:36

I can add this parameter to PAID paceholder if it will satisfy you. And I take your workd :) Longest subscripiton. :)

hakana VIP
05 May 2014 17:10

Hi Sergey, I am very happy now. :-) And I take your word as well. :-) So I will buy and download the component now. Install it on my test site. I would like to give you the full access to my test site so that:

• You can see the data structure of OSE membership and create an import plugin,

• You can see the Turkish bank payment gate configuration,

• You can see the custom report that I use.

• You can see the benchmarkemail bridge

After installing the product to the test site I will write to you if I need extra support. Currently I stopped getting new members and selling new subscriptions on my site. When the transition is finished, I will open it again. I week at most is OK for me. The next 4 days, I am very available. After that I will be very occupied. So how can we proceed? How much would all the above take with your current workload? What would be the additional payment that I should pay? How can I send you the additional requirement details? Kind regards, Hakan

hakana VIP
05 May 2014 17:20

I have bought the longest subscription. FYI: The download link that comes in the subscription mail leads to a 404 page.

Sergey
06 May 2014 09:11

hakana I have bought the longest subscription. FYI: The download link that comes in the subscription mail leads to a 404 page.

Will fix it.

hakana I would like to give you the full access to my test site so that:

I need

1. Link to turkish gateway integration documantation on english or documentation file.
  2. Dump your OSE DB into file, ZIP it and attach it here. I need only file.
  3. After you give me your site access in private comment, also give direct link to your custom report.

hakana VIP
06 May 2014 11:06

Hi Сергей,

After this message I will post 4 private messages for each task. Thank you very much for your support. Hakan

hakana VIP
06 May 2014 12:02

Noow looking forward to your comments, extra budget if necessary and the timeframe. Kind regards.

Sergey
06 May 2014 15:32

hakana Noow looking forward to your comments, extra budget if necessary and the timeframe. Kind regards.

I am already working on this. I will try to finish everything this week.

hakana VIP
06 May 2014 16:59

I am already working on this. I will try to finish everything this week.

You rock Сергей :-)

Sergey
07 May 2014 05:05

I have changed this topic to be owened by you, as you started it as Guest. Now you can see al my private responses. Please replay.