jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
23 Jul 2014 08:55

Hello Sergey

Sorry for starting new forum post for this but I thought would help you better for you follow, so here are some suggestions:

1. Remove completely mootools from cobalt ( now that joomla is migrating to jquery and drop mootools ), also helps speed up websites ( less file loaded )
  2. Drop bootstrap 2.3.x and use Bootstrap 3.x ( many template frameworks are already using bootstra 3.x and no reason to load two different bootstrap )
  3. Possiblity to let cobalt use bootstrap/fontawsome icons codes ( for fields )
  4. More centralized dashboard so user can manage all his listings from one side
  5. Reviews system where user will find it easier to see their already submitted reviews for listing
  6. Remove the &return from submission urls ( this will reduce the number of useless urls created, for example if you have a submit parent/chield button for listings and if you lets say 100.000 articles with that &return url for submit button will cause extra 100.000 useless urls created on the website
  7. Article title counter ( as discussed here Click here to link...
  8. Multiple city names possibility for geo fiel ( as discussed here Click here to link... )
  9. Some integration for Cobalt notifications with Easysocial, and other community components
  10. Cobalt own users system ( ability to have different user profiles, example: normal users, companies, etc ) so you can view that user profile and see all his listings from all sections you have
  11. Ability to change the email notifications template ( currently cobalt has that email notify template which can be better )
  12. New option: Reject with ability to provide a short update message telling why the article was rejected.
  13. If someone try to access directly a page restricted, redirect user to login/register page instead to display a empty page which says "currently there are no articles here "
  14. Filter by field to have own url, as discussed here Click here to link...

If I get more suggestions I`ll edit and update this post

Regards and hope you`ll like my suggestions :)

Last Modified: 24 Sep 2015

Tags Cobalt 9

23 Jul 2014 09:24

Jimie!

You are the MASTER! Hope the guys from MintJoomla listen to your suggestions!

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Jul 2014 00:57
  1. Will be done.
  2. Will not be done. We do not care what other templates are doing. We follow Joomla convention.
  3. Will not be done. You can make it in custom template
  4. Will be done
  5. Already there, every user can see all his articles in Review section.
  6. Will not be done. We have to return user to the page where he clicked the add button. This is more important than confusion on return just to make URL cleaner.
  7. No comment
  8. No comment
  9. Already done. There is integration with Easysocial
  10. Will not be done. This is request for another JomSocial or EasySocial inside the Cobalt.
  11. Noted
  12. Will be done in Status field. Small message on status change.
  13. Will not be done. We cannot redirect user to login because in some cases even login cannot give enough access. So user will fill frustrated if after register and login there is still no access. So it is your responsobility to gide your users.
  14. Will be done.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
25 Jul 2014 08:06

a chart field would be usefull http://demo.seblod.com/seblod-templates/chart thanks

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Jul 2014 22:15

Nice list, I am following.

jimie 10. Cobalt own users system ( ability to have different user profiles, example: normal users, companies, etc ) so you can view that user profile and see all his listings from all sections you have

Sergey 10. Will not be done. This is request for another JomSocial or EasySocial inside the Cobalt.

Regarding #10, i would like to point to my own related topic. Feel free to add suggestions and comments over there:

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
28 Jul 2014 11:20

a great things would be an integration with JLEX REVIEW http://jlexart.com/extensions/jlex-review Especially the profil page with cobalt and Rich Snippets thank you :)

jimie VIP
28 Jul 2014 13:45

Clowride, instead of such integrations I`d say cobalt9 should have his own reviews system which will give Cobal more power and I'm sure it will also bring a lot more customers for Sergey too.

jimie VIP
29 Aug 2014 06:35

Something I`d add here is some improvements on the rating system, reduce the big amount of javascript used in there, and some visual improvement.

Btw Sergey, is Cobalt9 development started already or ?

Regards

Sergey
31 Aug 2014 22:59

jimie Btw Sergey, is Cobalt9 development started already or ?

In progress...

jimie VIP
23 Sep 2014 06:21

Hello Sergey,

I have a new suggestion for Cobalt9

15) Ability for user to create a notification based on what they are interested, for example:

• Registered user should be able to create multiple notifications for each section
  • Registered user should be able edit or delete created notifications
  • Registered user should be able to select ALL/ANY matching results should be reported
  • Registered user should be able to select preferred method of notifications (EasySocial PM, JomSocial PM or Email)
  • Registered user should be able to select the frequency of notifications (ie. Daily, Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly)
  • Ability for registered user to choose the number of results in the notifications ( title linked )

This is good for people who want to keep updated with listings he`s interested about, in those notifications settings he should be able to create those notifications he would like to receive based on fields value he select:

Example:

He want to get notifications about listings from:

Country: XXX City: XXX Field type: XXX ( ability to select multiple fields values )

Regards

Sergey
24 Sep 2014 10:19

Noted.

jimie VIP
26 Sep 2014 09:29

I`m adding a new suggestion here:

16) Integrate a SMS gateway to send notifications by SMS

There are quiet few online SMS API, you can find a list on acybamailing website for their own sms extension

https://www.acyba.com/acysms/gateways.html

This would be really good to have because sometimes email may be lost ( go in spam, missed ) while sending them my SMS also would give more changes people to see the notification.

What do you think Sergey ?

Rgds

jimie VIP
29 Sep 2014 09:03

Also I have a question for Cobalt9, do you think is possible that when people submit item, to be able to select a "mark as featured" plan so after they submit their item to me marked as featured ?

Rgds

Sergey
29 Sep 2014 10:38

jimie Also I have a question for Cobalt9, do you think is possible that when people submit item, to be able to select a "mark as featured" plan so after they submit their item to me marked as featured ?

yes it is possible.

jimie VIP
01 Oct 2014 08:39

Sergey something very interesting for that Cobalt9 centralized dashboard, Konstantin suggested to write on the forum in case you want to use something from there

http://r209.com/templates/moodstrap/index.html

Regards

Sergey
01 Oct 2014 08:49

What sould be there on dashboard?

jimie VIP
01 Oct 2014 08:56

Hello

Just a source of inspiration for the new Cobalt9 dashboard :) where users can manage and find easily the listings they submitted on the website on different website sections, because currently in cobalt8 is very difficult for users to find them ( in my case we have, as you know we have about 11 sections ) and in a pain for user to find their listings to edit, submit, etc..

Rgds

jimie VIP
01 Oct 2014 09:13

Here is a basic idea for the dashboard:

dashboard-idea

Sergey
02 Oct 2014 01:46

Ok. All sections article manager will be there with button to submit to any section. It is laready there.

jimie VIP
02 Oct 2014 05:45

What do you think about that SMS notification feature ? I think would be really good to have because in this days people have more then 1 email address and sometimes even if we notify them by email, they may miss it.

Rgds

Sergey
03 Oct 2014 01:50

SMS notification is nice Idea. But it can beonly done through integration of 3d party SMS service. And user have to have telephone in profile. And cobalt have to know how to get that telephone. And that may be different depending on how you register. EasySocial, CB, ...