maleli VIP
Total posts: 87
03 Apr 2014 03:21

I´m having some issues with front end editing, because I have installed a template I bought and it works like I want it to in the front end, but some fields crash with that template. I tried adding a new menu item to list the records and assign a different template so I can edit articles, but I guess since the section´s Itemid target is set to the menu item that displays with the template that causes conflict, I can´t make another editing link with a different template. I could leave Itemid target blank but then I lose functionality to personalize the template for each section. Is there any way to apply a different template just for editing and admin management?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Apr 2014 07:01

Please, be more spesific. What do you mean by crash. You do not see fields? Fields are displaced? Make a screenshot or proide a link so I could see the problem and then I can suggest a solution.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
03 Apr 2014 15:05

More details are needed: Screenshots and error messages, please. Thanks in advance.

maleli VIP
03 Apr 2014 15:13

Sorry, I had added the description of the problem as alt in the screenshot. I edited the above post with descriptions. No error message, I think popups are the biggest issue.

pepperstreet VIP
03 Apr 2014 16:30

maleli screenshot...

?

No error message, I think popups are the biggest issue.

You mean CSS/styling issues? Sorry, I can't help without detailed informations. i.e. Template, Other extensions etc.

maleli VIP
03 Apr 2014 16:42

I added the screenshot as private. Can you see my previous post?

maleli VIP
03 Apr 2014 17:55

Thanks, I guess it's not as important to set it as private. Thank you for your help! :)

pepperstreet VIP
03 Apr 2014 18:17

Regarding the "Select image" issue... I remember I have seen a similar issue in the past. Quite some time ago. For sure a JS/CSS issue. What J! template/framework are you using? Any other scripts and extensions loading their stuff on the same page?

A URL and J! error reporting ON would be of help. Without brwoser concole an possible errors it is hard to judge.

(PS: Do not post any access credentials here, except for the special private fields or a private comment. Hence, i can`t see those infos, yet)

pepperstreet VIP
03 Apr 2014 20:25

maleli Moments, that uses T3 framework

There were a lot of issues with T3 v3 in the past. T3 loads bootstrap CSS/JS from his own folders plus custom CSS and misc scripts.

As far as i know, and in my own test with the T3 BASE theme and Cobalt 7 everything has been fixed. incl. the Calendar popup. At least it works on my older Joomla25 test site:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-03 um 21.40.42

Unfortunately, the image select link collides with the T3/bootstrap CSS -> .modal classes

• in other none-bootstrap templates it is required to trigger the modal popup window (for media manager image selection)
  • in your case and template it gets also the Bootstrap CSS window stayling AND position (thats why it is fixed and scrolls with your page content)

Possible solutions:

A.) edit image field and its link for "select image" (in my browser it worked without the modal class, but you might loose the popup window effekt?!)
A.2.) Adding inline CSS to this link in your field plugin (inline styles should easily override the bootstrap file)
B.) Add custom CSS to override the bootstrap classes. Might need !important property.

The bootstrap modal classes include:

.modal {
position: fixed;
top: 10%;
left: 50%;
z-index: 1050;
width: 560px;
margin-left: -280px;
background-color: #fff;
border: 1px solid #999;
border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
*border: 1px solid #999;
-webkit-border-radius: 6px;
-moz-border-radius: 6px;
border-radius: 6px;
-webkit-border-radius: 6px;
-moz-border-radius: 6px;
border-radius: 6px;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 3px 7px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
-moz-box-shadow: 0 3px 7px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
box-shadow: 0 3px 7px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
-webkit-background-clip: padding-box;
-moz-background-clip: padding-box;
background-clip: padding-box;
outline: none;
}

Your "select image" link style comes form the Cobalt default file styles.css:

.memodal-button {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EEEEEE;
border: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
font-weight: bold;
padding: 1px 6px !important;
text-decoration: none;
}

Actually the latter should be the default styling... ;-)

So, to reposition the link you might edit the styles.css directly (caution: could be deleted on updates!)

Or you can add CSS overrides in your main CSS or templates CUSTOM.CSS file...

At least for position and margin-left. The rest is visual stuff like unwanted shadows and borders etc. Add and change those to your liking:

.memodal-button {
position: initial !important;
margin-left: 0px !important;
box-shadow: none;
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EEEEEE !important;
border: 1px solid #DDDDDD !important;
padding: 1px 6px !important;
text-decoration: none;
}

Hope this helps.

pepperstreet VIP
03 Apr 2014 20:35

BTW, before fiddling with CSS... always remember to check and UPDATE T3 framework!

maleli VIP
03 Apr 2014 21:28

Wow, thanks so much for your help and very detailed explanation. I thought I'd get used to the front end administration only but this kind of issue is just so annoying, because as good as Cobalt is, and I'm liking it alot, having to deal with additional customization to get the admin working isn't ideal. Anyway, I'll do what you suggested, and start from updating T3 framework and decide from there. Thanks!

pepperstreet VIP
03 Apr 2014 21:56

maleli this kind of issue is just so annoying,

Yep, agree. But Cobalt is actually not to blame here. It is the very generic .modal class name... and the bootstrap framework. I know, it is nice to have it in J!2.5 and T3 has also great features... but all this "comfort" leads to incompatibilities and overlappings.

Joomla 2.5+ relies heavily on JS/MooTools and did not know of the "bootstrapped" future. Not to mention the switch to JS library jQuery!

Although, it might be fixed with simple CSS and !important. It should be the last resort.

Anyway, I'll do what you suggested, and start from updating T3 framework

Tested T3v3 2.1.3, Calendar works, image link still the same issue. Even in Blank template. So, you have to choose the CSS fix.