narcis VIP
Total posts: 138
03 Dec 2015 10:45

Hello,

I denoted that Cobalt and Emerald don't display as well and don't work sometimes on some Joomlart Template. I think it's because your extensions are not compatible with Bootstrap 3 yet. Could u just tell me if you're planning to do an upgrade very soon ?

If not, could you provide me all override files to make your extensions working well ? How it'd cost ?

Best regards.

Last Modified: 07 Dec 2015

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
03 Dec 2015 11:15

What version do you have installed? fix - T3 framework error to work with new Joomla MVC. <<< this is written for Cobalt v.8.673 Stable so maybe if you have older version you need to update.

narcis VIP
03 Dec 2015 20:04

I've Cobalt V8.677 and Media pack V8.85.

I enabled Template compatibility in Cobalt config.

But, it does not work. Please find some screenshots below :

ISSUE 1 - Info author Bad.PNG

ISSUE 1 - Info author OK.PNG

ISSUE 3 - Bad Fields.PNG

narcis VIP
05 Dec 2015 12:03

Some one had the same experience with joomlart templates ?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Dec 2015 02:10

narcis Some one had the same experience with joomlart templates ?

Yes, more or less. It is like playing an adventure game... sometimes T3 system plugin and even BS3 version works... but sometimes not. It seems to depend on the release and changes in their plugin. The delevopment and compatibility seems unpredictable (unfortunately). I remember, some weeks ago I had a positive experience with T3. Did you use the latest system plugin?

At least for the T3 BLANK template you have a BS v2 release. You may try that one for better Cobalt compatibility.
Altough, I am not sure how other extensions work with it. Many 3rd-party extensions make use of their own (name-spaced) BS3. So, they might still work properly.

narcis I enabled Template compatibility in Cobalt config.

T3 BS3 has also issues with Cobalt compatibility setting. If you load Bootstrap v2 CSS, it seems to collide with the T3 BS3 main menu bar. It floats to the left and gets some unwanted styling.

BTW, the newer T3 BS3 has a template parameter for "basic" BS v2 compatibility. A nice idea and option, but it does not help to get a fully functional Cobalt section menu and advanced search area.
(I did not test a complex submission form with tabs, yet. Need some free-time for a 2nd deeper look...)

narcis VIP
07 Dec 2015 09:29

Hi pepperstreet,

Thank you for this information.

Actually, my site is running on JA Social II.

Did you use the latest system plugin?

Yes.

Now, i think that T3 blank would be a best temporary alternative. And I hope that Cobalt will support BS3 ASAP; or else i will just hire some developer to deal with override.

Best regards.

narcis VIP
07 Dec 2015 10:01

Hey pepperstreet,

I've just installed T3 BLANK. All issues i had are resolved. Thank u a lot dude. U save me lots of time.

I think i'm going to assign T3 BLANK template to Cobalt pages, and let JA Social by default.

Thank u to Giorgi625 also.

Best regards.