simonvirag
Total posts: 6
27 Oct 2015 09:58

Hi! Is it possible to restrict items (records), to only the author and the administrator can view them? Thanks!

Last Modified: 20 May 2020

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Oct 2015 12:02

Yes. In type parameters set default access for articles special. Also if you want articles not to be visible in the list, in section set parameters show restricted.

simonvirag
28 Oct 2015 10:06

Thanks for your answer! My other question is that, how is it possiple to show one category for one user group. For example, users save dogs. The dogs lives in towns, the town is the category. Only the admin of the town should see the dogs of the towns (category). Is it enough to buy COBALT or we will need EMERALD too? Thanks in advance! Virag

simonvirag
28 Oct 2015 10:07

And of course, the users should see their own dogs.

Sergey
28 Oct 2015 10:17

simonvirag And of course, the users should see their own dogs.

Only their own or others too? i mean shoud be there be one town and dogs of different users in it?

I think you can make town a Cobalt field for Dog type. Then it is easy to filter and see all the dogs in town. it is sometimes much more flexible to use field as category instead of category.

simonvirag
28 Oct 2015 10:26

The simple users can see their own dogs, and every admin can see only the dogs of his/her town. There are several towns. Is it possible to solve it with a field? Or I need emerald or a special field for it?

Sergey
28 Oct 2015 10:41

You do not need Emerld for that. I think you can do this with a field.

Also you can do this with user persobal categories, which parameters you can find in section personalization. Every user will be able to create personal set of categories.

But in this case it will be never possible to see all dogs of all users in the same town.

simonvirag
28 Oct 2015 11:20

Thank you very much!

21 Apr 2020 00:46

Sergey Yes. In type parameters set default access for articles special. Also if you want articles not to be visible in the list, in section set parameters show restricted.

Hi Sergey,

How? Where? I have spent 1 hour to find these settings but no success. I cant figure out the logic of the permission system either. And unfortunately your ducumentation isn't too extensive :)

My situation:

I have an extensive web app created in Fabrik, which is a booking system. I looking for new and better solution to handle my company's needs, but I cannot replica the simple things at the moment from my Fabrik app to cobalt.

We have partners who make bookings.

Question 1 what I want reproduce in Cobalt from my old system:

The partners cannot see each other bookings exept if they are from the same company.

Example: Partner 1 has agent 1, agent 2 agent 3 -> all agents from partner 1 can see each other bookings, but not what partner 2 agents bookings Parnter 2 has agent 1, agent 2 -> same, they can see each other bookings, bot nothing from partner 1

My team members (moderators maybe?) can see ALL bookings. In fabrik the permission system for items visibility is simple and easy, but I just cannot figure out in Cobalt.

Question 2 what I cannot reproduce in cobalt:

Is cobalt can repeat groups/fields depenting on user choice? For example with a "+" button can the form duplicate field like Name can be duplicated to Name 2 if needed. Situation: A form asking for hobbies. What is your hobby? Answer Diving. Is ther anything to duplicate the field so the user can add more answers if they want? Swimming, singing etc.

Can I do that in Cobalt, or I should look for another extension?

Sergey
20 May 2020 08:46

Unfortunately I think Cobalt will not suite you well.