nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
28 Nov 2017 19:22

I finally have a project to do where there will be csv importing. This is working quite well but I have a couple questions:

Updating works great but I have a complication. I have records where the unique field I use for updating is only unique within a category. It may exist in other categories. Is there a way to specify uniqueness within a category only instead of across all categories?

My second question is can we use a composite unique id? That would solve my problem in the first question.

Last Modified: 27 Dec 2017

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Dec 2017 13:20

nblgeoweb It may exist in other categories. Is there a way to specify uniqueness within a category only instead of across all categories?

I do not think so. What is the source of your CSV? Is there a posibility to add sequential number to it on creation of CSV?

nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
27 Dec 2017 23:37

What I ended up doing is combining two columns in my csv to make a column and that is my unique key that gets loaded into a text field that I keep hidden. In this case, new data is only put in Cobalt via CSV and not through the web front-end. I was hoping to avoid a step involving manipulating the CSV data bafore uploading/updating to keep the workflow as streamlined as possible but it seems that's the only way to make it work with existing functionality.