discrockers VIP
Total posts: 14
13 Sep 2013 04:58

Hello,

we bought Cobalt and now we are trying to get our Dogfrisbee event series Results and Teams listed and connect them to each other.

At the moment we set up one Section and 2 Categories 1. Teams 2. Results

The Field Typs are:

1. Team

Title=Teamname

Playername:Textfield

Dogname: Textfield

Dogage: calender

Results: relation(parent) Should display:" Beach Competion:Freestyle "Place 1""

1. Results

Title: name of the Event Like "Beach Competion:Freestyle 2013"

Place 1: relation(child)

Place 2:relation(child)

place 3:relation(child)

We manage to get the Teamname displayed in the Results by selecting it in the Ajax field. But, how does the parent field displays the "result" do we have to select it or is it autoreverse? We could find a tutorial.

Is this the right way? Parent and child fields or do we have to use the other relation fields to d this. I should work like on this website.

Profil: http://freestyledisc.org/profile.jsp?player_id=1244& ;top=y at the button of the site you can see the list of results the players attended

Event Result: http://freestyledisc.org/result_details.jsp?title=In %20den%20Hallen%202012 the name of the player links to there profile

Please, help. We tried a lot of sport extensions and other cck...but with cobalt reation fields we hope to get it done.

thank you

kind regards

J

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Sep 2013 08:49

But, how does the parent field displays the "result" do we have to select it or is it autoreverse?

If you set up connection on both ends, everything should work automatically. You add team to result or result to team does not matter. It will show it there and there.

I looked the links and it looks like something Cobalt may do.

Please make sure that in parent field you select child field and section тв шт child field you select parent field and section.

If you cannot make it work, give me your backend access and I'll check.

Sergey
15 Sep 2013 03:52

There is a problem on my life site when I save an articel I got the following error "JFolder::create: Der Pfad ist nicht in den „open_basedir“-Pfaden!" means somethink like the path is not within the "open_basedir"-path" I don't know how to solve this...so maybe you need a ftp access and can also fix this?

You need to reset all files and folders to ftp user. Set all files to 644 and folders to 755. Then deleted all files to logs folder. Make logs, tmp and cache folders 777. In joomla global configuration eneble FTP and configure it.

Sergey
16 Sep 2013 08:38

Now I see.

The basic concept of the fields would be that Results and Teams are 2 different sections.

Team would have parent field and result one one child field as it is on-to-many relation where one team has many results.

You need only one child and only parent field.

If you indicate 2 teams in result, set allow multiple parents to true and set maximum limit to 2.

For parent field in team allow add new and attach existing buttons. Then you will be able to add new result to any team. And hide those buttons in child field of result. This way you will be able to add results only through team.

Every team will show list of results. And every result will show list of the teams.

People will be able to browse results section and it is like sort/group by results. And team section like sort/group by teams.

discrockers VIP
16 Sep 2013 10:08

ok, I set two sections

• Teams
  • Results

at our events we have up to 50 teams. So it would be alot of work to select every single team and add there results. It would be great to set the places in the result lists. How can I do this and how can I add the "ranking" and or "points" to the field?

Sergey
17 Sep 2013 00:49

You can create result and on result form select list of teams. That will work the same way.

and how can I add the "ranking" and or "points" to the field?

This depends. I am not sure what is ranking. Is it field in results or what?

discrockers VIP
17 Sep 2013 10:39

Ranking like this. (The competion results 1,2,3,4,5,6,7... and points (extra fields))

1. Frank + Mr. Hank (dog + owner) 34,5 points

2. Chilli + Mrs. Santos(dog + owner) 30,2 points

3. Lassy + John doe(dog+owner) 15,4 points

discrockers VIP
17 Sep 2013 10:51

ok, I try to make it more clear

Article Result:

BeachJam 2013 Freestyle:

1. Frank + Mr. Hank (Article Teams) 34,5 points

2. Chilli + Mrs. Santos (Article Teams) 30,2 points

3. Lassy + John doe (Article Teams) 15,4 points

Article Team

Teamname Frank + Hank

Player: Mr Hank

Dog: Hank

Results:

BeachJam 2013 Freestyle: Place/Rank: 34,5 Points

I hope this helps to understand what I am trying to do

Thank you for your help

Sergey
18 Sep 2013 00:37

I think this have to be simple text field in result where you enter points on every new result.

discrockers VIP
18 Sep 2013 06:04

nop, not work like this. If I enter a simple text field to the results it has no relation to the relation field and it looks like this.

Articl results : http://www.discrockers.com/de/results/new-results/item/13-summerjamcamp-2012.html

Place 1.

hank + frank

chilli + mrs. santos

points 24,5

Sergey
19 Sep 2013 00:25

Link is for registered users only. Login you gave me does not allow me to login to frontend.

discrockers VIP
24 Sep 2013 04:02

Hello Sergey, can you login with the info I send to you?

discrockers VIP
26 Sep 2013 10:43

could you please help? :S

Sergey
27 Sep 2013 07:38

To me everything looks just fine on your site.