ngarasan VIP
Total posts: 181
05 Dec 2012 03:59

Hi,

How can I make Global Moderator get all notifications?

Because, right now, my Global Moderator can not receive comments posted by a user.

Although the Globar Moderator is not in the conversations, he should gate any notifications included comments right?

Please help me

Thank you

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Dec 2012 23:49

Although the Globar Moderator is not in the conversations, he should gate any notifications included comments right?

That is hard to answer. For some right for others not.

Cobalt logic is this. You gen comment notifications only on records you subscribed to. SO you subscribe to new records. After you have receive new record alert you have to subscribe to record itself.

In Cobalt 8, there will be auto subscription option.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Dec 2012 03:34

Dumb question, but what is the purpose of the global moderator. Where does it come in to play? I tend to agree with "ngarasan".

Sergey
06 Dec 2012 03:37

Global moderator is one who can set access to set other moderators. Let's say it is a first moderator.

ngarasan VIP
Total posts: 181
06 Dec 2012 07:21

Why not put notifications setting for global moderator in cobalt config?

Because, in my mind, global moderator is moderator who has access to all sections created without subcriptions.

Well, it is just my opinions.

Sergey
06 Dec 2012 09:30

In cobalt 8 notification system is seriously advanced and you will be able to subscribe to all new records automatically.

We will not add any changes regarding that to Cobalt 7 because we do not want to lose stable state.