stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
30 Oct 2013 09:16

Wouldn't it be possible using parent-child field? Parent the book, childs the chapters?

ngarasan VIP
Total posts: 181
30 Oct 2013 09:20

Is it possible to have table of content? May be a module for navigation.

And how about 'next page' button?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 Oct 2013 18:54

want to revive my old topics from Cobalt 7.

Me, too! ;-) C7 - Navigation - previous, next and up

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
31 Oct 2013 01:40
  1. Next - Prev buttons - are not there and we could not find out how to make them.

2. Read also field is made especially for books where you can list articles that are relevant to current subject.

3. Table of content may be done with simply category index template where you list not only categories but also Articles in tree view.

ngarasan VIP
Total posts: 181
31 Oct 2013 05:20

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for the response.

I think, it is possible to have a book like using read also and category index for ToC as well.

But..

How to differentiate between articles as the book and articles as the content?

I mean, how can I list the book only?

Thank you

londoh VIP
Total posts: 137
31 Oct 2013 16:12

I had some discussions about prev | next buttons and there is some info some way down in this thread:

About prev next buttons

I think sergey had some reservations about my method, but it works well enough for me.

It will need some work to adapt it but perhaps there is the basis of a solution in there for you.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
31 Oct 2013 18:38
  1. Table of content may be done with simply category index template where you list not only categories but also Articles in tree view.

Also useful would be the Category Module. Unfortunately, the article/item display parameter does not work (yet). :S A commercial alternative is the Accordion Menu by Nextend.