geojoomla
Total posts: 73
28 Feb 2016 13:12

Sorry if already explained or in documentation, I can't find it.
I understand I can have as many templates as I want for the same section (article list), right?

How can I give users link to reach the same section presented through a different template?

Thanks

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
01 Mar 2016 09:44

Lucky guy, I remember I had the same question. Here is the related topic, you have to scroll down to my 6th comment... then follow Sergey's example and comments.

Related Comments in this topic:
- User's homepage - Personalization - target MenuItemID

Related documentation article:
- Create pre-filtered links

geojoomla
Total posts: 73
01 Mar 2016 22:54

I knew it was possible but had no idea how.
Thank you pepperstreet, your comments go deeper than what I need
I will read again, but it looks too complicated for what I ask
Couldn't it be simplified to do easier by adding e.g smth like tmpl=xxxxxxx to url?
What I'm after is a link on which user clicks to end up on the different template.
Like "switch template" but via joomla menu/url.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
02 Mar 2016 07:00

geojoomla,

it is "just" a link .....

To get the link, you need to know the unique template key. First make sure that you have set the parameters for the template and saved the template through the section settings. In order to get the unique key for your template, you have to check the source code of your page. Select 2 or more templates in your section list tem[late setting and make sure the template switcher parameter in the markup template is set to "YES". Then open your section page and inspect the source code of your page. Identify the portion of the template switcher and check the code for the templates.

2016-03-02_14-49-35

in this case it is calendar.214e3f8eef76f467c0ca83804c6ef646

Copy this information and add it to &task=records.filter&filter_name[0]=filter_tpl&filter_val[0]=

--> &task=records.filter&filter_name[0]=filter_tpl&filter_val[0]=calendar.214e3f8eef76f467c0ca83804c6ef646

Now add this to the URL which shows your section --> that's your clickable link.