vanboke VIP
Total posts: 18
15 Nov 2014 13:28

I am new to Emerald 9 and still getting to know it and how it functions. I have run into a question regarding importing of membership data.

I am migrating members from yourmembership.com. There are over 2200 active members and over 2000 inactive members. We would like to migrate inactive memebrs just so we can track them and possibly try to get them back as members.

I can do exports from yourmembership.com and all exports come out in CSV format.

Can I import membership data in CSV format into Emerald 9?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last Modified: 04 Mar 2018

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Nov 2014 03:01

Yes you can do this. But you will have to write special script.

Tell me little more about this yourmembership.com. Is it Joomla component or is at a standalone service?

1. It is a Joomla component - we will create migration script for free.

2. It is standalone service - then it is more complicated.

Basicaly what you need here is more like migrate yourmembership.com user accounts into Joomla. This is base of migration script.

Emerald only works with Joomla users and cannot create users. But create user is extremely simple. What I can offer is to create CSV importer for you. Just tell me what is in that CSV? Do we have column on subscription? Tell me about your subscrptions structure. how many of subscription plans do you have.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
17 Nov 2014 09:33

Sergey What I can offer is to create CSV importer for you. Just tell me what is in that CSV? Do we have column on subscription? Tell me about your subscrptions structure. how many of subscription plans do you have.

Good point and should be part of Emerald. Comparable to the existing "Cobalt importer", but with field and plan mapping. The only difference: It creates membership records ;)

Sergey
20 Nov 2014 11:17

pepperstreet

Sergey What I can offer is to create CSV importer for you. Just tell me what is in that CSV? Do we have column on subscription? Tell me about your subscrptions structure. how many of subscription plans do you have.

Good point and should be part of Emerald. Comparable to the existing "Cobalt importer", but with field and plan mapping. The only difference: It creates membership records ;)

If this client wants it and buy emeral, I'll create CSV import. But that wil have a limitations. User IDs in that CSV should correcspond to real user users in DB.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Nov 2014 10:30

Sergey If this client wants it and buy Emerald, I'll create CSV import. But that wil have a limitations. User IDs in that CSV should correcspond to real user users in DB.

I see, cool.

Another thought: If existing Joomla users are required, what about a batch tool? Might be interesting for people that want to create mass subscriptions. Without creating and using an extra CSV file. i.e.:

• create subscription for all existing users with a certain usergroup;
  • a certain J! user profile field value
  • a certain field value of any other DB table

BTW, I have something similar in "CBsubs".

Sergey
24 Nov 2014 08:16

This is good idea. Mass subscription creation.

fdesanto VIP
Total posts: 34
19 Oct 2015 14:00

Hi,

If this client wants it and buy emeral, I'll create CSV import. But that wil have a limitations. User IDs in that CSV should correcspond to real user users in DB.

this is ready? I need to import subscription from CSV file (or similar). My users have same IDs, they are imported directly from another Joomla site with another subscription component, but have same IDs

fdesanto VIP
19 Oct 2015 21:58

ok, nevermind, i have imported my csv with PhpMyAdmin into #__emerald_subscription table.

Sergey
20 Oct 2015 13:40

Wat was another subscription component? Because it is not only subscribers, you also need to import plans and bind plans to subscriptions. If it is another Joomla component I can create one click migration tool.

fdesanto VIP
20 Oct 2015 14:18

Hi, I have manualy created plans and added into CSV a column with Emerald correct plan_id. I have imported these columns user_id,ctime,extime,created(copied from ctime),plan_id,activated(set to 1 for all rows),price

Now seems to works well, I need to import some other data?

I using Payplans, usefull but very complex, after 2 years of use, I realized that the data in the DB began to be inconsistent. Anyway payplan allow me to export subscribers into CSV format.

Sergey
20 Oct 2015 14:20

fdesanto Now seems to works well, I need to import some other data?

No, basicaly only plans and subscriptions.

atmaindia VIP
Total posts: 20
02 Mar 2018 11:38

Hi,

We are using a 3rd party SAAS to run a contest where people landing on that page are asked to share the Free Trial Offer on social media platforms and a unique referral code is also generated for each visitor that they can use in anyway to invite more friends to take the free trial.

This SAAS is neatly organised, that whenever anyone ends up achieiving 10 new (for that matter any number we fix) participants in this sales funnel that anyone is eligible for getting the free trial and his name, email, phone data fields row is moved to winners list.

I can download this winners list as a CSV file.

Now in Emerald I need to achieve:

a) Create a free trial plan that offers only selective access to some part of my website (say our library of training videos) b) Fix a short period of say 15 days for this Free Trial to expire. c) Free Trial Plan should not be visibe to visitors along with our other plans at the webpage that opens upon on clicking the Apply for Membership Button. Thats why I need to upload from this CSV file from time to time. d) Once the Free Trial plan expires, the free trial member upon logging into the site should be greeted with our paid plans to choose from.

Kindly help, how do I achieve this.

Sergey
04 Mar 2018 12:56

You can easely create plan that is not visible. There is special parameter for that. But there is no CSV import. i can create one for additional $70.