nican VIP
Total posts: 392
18 Jan 2017 11:14

Hi,

Usually my users are already registered and logged in when they purchase a subscription, since I need to hide/show content based on their Joomla group, I also need the user group change to take place immediately after succesfull purchase.

Will this be the case or the user always need to log-off and log-in again after purchase for the action to be triggered?

Another question would be about manually activated subscriptions: If I activate a subcription manually, actions will be triggered immediately? Or the user always need to log-off and log-in again?

Thank you

P.S. I know I can use [PAID] tags to check user subscriptions instead that Joomla group, but it causes issues when I try to hide/show long or complex part of the code, I am using instead RegularLabs "Conditional Contents" tags, which seems to work without issues even when hiding/showing very long and complex html code... and "Conditional Contents" needs to check the user group.

Last Modified: 20 Jan 2017

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Jan 2017 13:51

nican Will this be the case or the user always need to log-off and log-in again after purchase for the action to be triggered?

No. this is done in background seamlessly.

nican Another question would be about manually activated subscriptions: If I activate a subcription manually, actions will be triggered immediately? Or the user always need to log-off and log-in again?

He do not need to login or logoff. Actions will be tryggered before any next page of your site will be rendered.

nican P.S. I know I can use [PAID] tags to check user subscriptions instead that Joomla group, but it causes issues when I try to hide/show long or complex part of the code, I am using instead RegularLabs "Conditional Contents" tags, which seems to work without issues even when hiding/showing very long and complex html code... and "Conditional Contents" needs to check the user group.

Of course. in your case Groups change is the most convinient way to go. [PAID] is little bit more techy but more flexible in some cases.

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
20 Jan 2017 10:20

That's great, thank you Sergey :)