techutopia
Total posts: 202
13 Aug 2014 13:49

Hi,

When I perform a text search via the bar at the top of records the results display but the ordering is automatically set to "Sort by Rating".

Whenever a text search is performed, I want the sort order to default to "Text Search Relevance".

So that when someone does a text search the most relevant records are at the top.

Please could you let me know how I change this?

Thanks,

Dale.

Last Modified: 15 Aug 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Aug 2014 00:45

This is not very simple. TYhis is no always required behavior. For example there is sort of products by price, and after you search you definitely what that order stays the same.

So if I change it to automatic order switch on search, then it will not satisfy the other people.

The only way to do it is to add another parameter like "Switch order to relevance on text search". But since Cobalt 9 is in high development stage I cannot make this change or I will not be able to merge branches later without tons of conflicts.

What I can do is to add this to cobalt 9, but that one will not be released soon.

techutopia
14 Aug 2014 14:50

Thanks for the reply.

I look forward to the this feature in Cobalt 9 if possible.

Thanks,

Dale.

techutopia
14 Aug 2014 23:19

Hi,

It might be just me, but I think that when someone searches with a text string, they will more than likely want results based on the text search as a priority and not any other atttributes.

I'd guess that the general user would search for something first via a text string, and then refine with other attributes later?

Thanks,

Dale.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Aug 2014 02:20

That makes sense.

I'll add a paramenter.

techutopia
15 Aug 2014 11:12

Excellent.

In 8 or 9?