nbs_212
Total posts: 94
23 Apr 2013 03:48

Sergey,

I want to make sure that my Emerald configuration is setup properly, I have some question:

Let say I have set subscription for 1 month,

set activate submission to "no" (in gateway parameter)

set Time limit (X days) = "blank"

Questions:

1. When it start counting the day?,

started from order creation date or when I publish the order?

I need to set the counter start counting from the time when I

published the order (after received payment).

2. I need to keep all order in database (Published & Unpublished), how do I

do that?, does setting set Time limit (X days) = "blank" means that the

system will keep the unpublished order stored in the database?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Apr 2013 13:06
  1. It works differently. If you purchase the same subscription plan second time and first one not yet expired id will attach next plan starting from first subscription expire. But there is also special parameter how to calculate days which allow you to explicitly set subscription on purchased day no matter what.

2. Emerald will never delete any purchased subscription from DB. it will mark it as expired or inactive but will remain in the history forever.

nbs_212
23 Apr 2013 23:34

Sergey,

1. This is I agree, how about for purchasing at the first time, example: the payment received 10 days after create the order, that's mean the period time should be start counting from the payment date not from order date. What parameter should I set?, I've tried to create order, it was 1 month subscription, I create it at 01-01-2013, that means it will be expired at 01-02-2013, but since I received payment on 10-01-2013, so I published the order on date 10-01-2013 (the payment date), but why the expiration date was not changed to 10-02-2013 (add 10 days from previous expiration date)?

2. That's a good news. That's mean my invoice system will also save.

3. I'm trying to run a scenario of subs expiration day,:

- Create order on 01-01-2013 - set Subs plan Time limit (X days) = 10,

that means unapproved subs after this 10 days will be marked as expired (right?)

• set Expire alert before 10 (Option Parameter),

that means 10 days before the active subs get expired, system will send eMail alert (right?)

And I run cron script in every 5 minutes.

index.php?option=com_cobalt&task=cron.sendAlert

and there is no email alert sent to me or to admin, is there any setup I have missed?

or do I need another extra module to run this Emeral alert?

Sergey
24 Apr 2013 05:30

Emerald sends alert automatically you do not need anything.

This is cobalt alert cron have nothing to do with Emerald

that means 10 days before the active subs get expired, system will send eMail alert (right?)

Right

1. I'm trying to run a scenario of subs expiration day,:
  • Create order on 01-01-2013

• set Subs plan Time limit (X days) = 10,

that means unapproved subs after this 10 days will be marked as expired (right?)

Where is that parameter? i cannot find it.

nbs_212
24 Apr 2013 10:55

Then Emerald alert will be run automatically without cron?

I've test to set expire alert before 10 (and also several day separated by comma) in my localhost, and set my computer date forward 10-12 days before plan expiration date, but why I didn't get any eMail alert?

For Time Limit (x days) parameter:

It is in Payment Processor (offline) parameter, on every Subs plan.

And how about question No 1.?

Can we set the expiration date started to calculating from the date when I publish/activate the subs plan?

Meaning that, the subs plan expiration date will be recalculated automatically base on the activation date.

Sergey
25 Apr 2013 00:41

Can we set the expiration date started to calculating from the date when I publish/activate the subs plan?

Meaning that, the subs plan expiration date will be recalculated automatically base on the activation date.

Unfortunately no. We could add this recalculation but we never know if it is a first activation or you just temporary deactivated plan. Then plan would move every time you publish/unpublish. Of course we could do special mechanism to track if it is first activation or not but we do not want to add anything to Emerald 8 now. We want to leave it as it is. And we will add it to Emerald 9.

For Time Limit (x days) parameter:

I have checked and it looks like this parameters is not used anywhere.

Sergey
25 Apr 2013 00:43

Regarding alerts we please make sure your emerald system plugin is published and it is not localhost because mails are not sent from locahost.

nbs_212
25 Apr 2013 02:33

I think, it is important and it is in a general practice to have the right expiration date recalculation base on activation date, and not base on order created date. There is a possibility that user will not pay the order on the same date with the date they create the order, it could have 1 or 3 days delay, especially if they are using a bank transfer payment. It is more important than publish/unpublished issue because I didn't see the reason why should we unpublished the plan, if they already pay for it?

For Time Limit (x days) parameter, so this is not useful at all, then I will have to manage it manually. :S

For testing alert, actually email can sent using localhost, just need to add email setting in apache config.

And I've test it, all email generated by Joomla and also Emerald, such as creating order, activating plan are working well in localhost environment, except for the expiration alert.

Sergey
25 Apr 2013 12:56

I think, it is important and it is in a general practice to have the right expiration date recalculation base on activation date, and not base on order created date.

I agree and we will implement it in Emerald 9. Unfortunately we will not be able to add it to Emerald 8. The main idea was around online payments so it activate immediately. The offline payment plugin was developed later, just for special cases. So it was considered to accept few payments offline. And as it requires manual process anyway, everyone can adjust date.

I think, it is important and it is in a general practice to have the right expiration date recalculation base on activation date, and not base on order created date.

For testing alert, actually email can sent using localhost, just need to add email setting in apache config.

I have tested it localy and I do receive alerts. I need access to your site to test it there.

nbs_212
06 May 2013 22:08

Sergey,

I just update my test server, if you want to test the alert notification issue

Hidden text

other questions:

1. I have set the article submission to not approve automatically, that mean any new article submission will need admin approval to publish, I've test to submit new article (as a User), it is not publish automatically but admin didn't get any notification about new article submission, how do we know if there were any new article submitted? (I've also try to run the cron alert script).

2. what is Field - Digits used for?, can we use it to change price format layout in subscription plan?, I need to change the price format from 100000 to 100.000,00 How do we do that?

3. I would also like to purchase record module, but I need to ask you again, is this module will able to make Coblat record list to be shown on joomla main page, listed as joomla featured article, (on the same page with other joomla featured article)?, and I would also like to make an RSS feed for this article page.

Sergey
07 May 2013 10:09

how do we know if there were any new article submitted?

Admin have to subscribe to get a;erts on new records added in Notification center. Or subscribe section button. It should be enabled of course.

how do we know if there were any new article submitted?

1. what is Field - Digits used for?, can we use it to change price format layout in subscription plan?

Cannot understand how Cobalt field may format Emerald price?

1. Yes it will show list of records in section template or any other template and only featured if you want. But no RSS feed.

nbs_212
07 May 2013 23:41

Sergey,

1. Where can I found the Notification center menu?, is that a separate module/plugin that I need to purchase?

I've tried to set to subscribe the section on option panel, but still didn't get any alert.

1. Sorry for the confusion of Field -Digit question, I didn't aware that this field is for Cobalt only and not for Emerald. So, the question is how to change the Price format layout shown in Subscription Plan Form?, The way I did right now is to add some code in plan form template (number_format) to change the price number format.

2. "Yes it will show list of records in section template or any other template and only featured if you want"

Is that mean, I can put this cobalt record list any where? as a joomla featured article?, if you could take a look to my test site, I want to put it below the welcome article on the home page. Can we do that?

And how about the Emerald expiration alert notification issue?, have you check and test it on my test site.?

nbs_212
08 May 2013 00:01

Sergey,

I just found for issue no 1. above, actually the admin get the alert for any new record added, but not for other user. I've create user with the same privilege as admin and set them to subscribe the section and this user didn't get alert. (try with user : stdiadmin pass: the same as admin), is there any parameter that I need to setup?

Sergey
08 May 2013 01:08

There is a difference between alert and notification. notification is simple red cycle on the site showing that there are new events happened. And to send email alert you need to setup cron. See knowledge base on mintjoomla.

Also user have to configure how often he wants to receive alerts. By default it is only once a day.

nbs_212
12 May 2013 23:19

Sergey, (not all of my question above has been answered clearly)

In options menu, like I've attached previously, there are two tab, Subscription alert and Notification , Subscriptions will be sent via eMail Alert, where we can set it frequency and need cron job to do it.

And for Notification, like you said it is just a simple red cycle on the site showing that there are new events happened.

OK, We agree with that.

I've prepared one user with admin level, (let say "admintest"), and I have change Global Moderator with this name, I assume Global moderator will be the person who will get notified and give approval for any new record added, this is what Cobalt said on the screen when we add new record, "New record will be published after approval by Global Moderator".

I test to add new record,run the cron job.

And this "admintest" user didn't get any alert, not on the screen (a simple red cycle) and not on email. BUT, user Admin get all of it.

Then, I followed your advice, User need to activate the subscriptions and notification for record/article/section.

I set this user "admintest" to Subscribe the section and set Email Alert Schedule to "Send Alert Immediately", and also activate all Record Notification in Tab Notification. All set.

Test to add new record, run the cron job.

The Result is,.. this user "admintest" didn't get any alert, not on the screen (a simple red cycle) and not in email,

BUT, Admin get all of it.

Where did I go wrong,..?,

And, I also ask you about the Emerald Subscriptions Expiration issue, you said you will take a look to my site test, I've provide you with the address but you have not respond it yet.

Sergey
13 May 2013 05:08

Please do not miss Emerald alerts and Cobalt alerts.

Alerts like new subscription is an Emerald on. There is no notification and no cron needed.

I've prepared one user with admin level, (let say "admintest"), and I have change Global Moderator with this name, I assume Global moderator will be the person who will get notified and give approval for any new record added, this is what Cobalt said on the screen when we add new record, "New record will be published after approval by Global Moderator".

And this "admintest" user didn't get any alert, not on the screen (a simple red cycle) and not on email. BUT, user Admin get all of it.

there are many issues involved.

1. If you are under the same user who expected to get that alert you wont get it.

2. Not necessary to make user global moderator. You can make him simple moderator as well.

3. Global moderators does not get notifications because they are global moderators. Only users who subscribed to section will get those alerts. no matter if it simple registered user or admin.

And, I also ask you about the Emerald Subscriptions Expiration issue, you said you will take a look to my site test, I've provide you with the address but you have not respond it yet.

OK. I'll have a look.

Sergey
13 May 2013 11:47

Spent half of the day. Could not open your site. Sometimes it open but next page takes so long again I am logged out.

nbs_212
14 May 2013 01:59

Sergey,

Alerts like new subscription is an Emerald on. There is no notification and no cron needed

OK, I understand this.

Alerts like new subscription is an Emerald on. There is no notification and no cron needed

1. If you are under the same user who expected to get that alert you wont get it.

I use different user ID, one to subscribe the section, and the other to add new record.

2. Not necessary to make user global moderator. You can make him simple moderator as well.

how do I do to make user as simple moderator?

3. Global moderators does not get notifications because they are global moderators. Only users who subscribed to section will get those alerts. no matter if it simple registered user or admin.

I have followed this instructions, and it still didn't work

Spent half of the day. Could not open your site. Sometimes it open but next page takes so long again I am logged out.

Could you try it at non office hour?

Sergey
14 May 2013 23:42

Create link in menu Cobalt -> Moderator manager. Then open it on frontend, select section and add user.

I have followed this instructions, and it still didn't work

tell me again you cannot get notifications or email alerts?

nbs_212
15 May 2013 09:43

tell me again you cannot get notifications or email alerts?

My understanding with what the subscribe options menu provided is that, user will get email alert for any new article or update article, and user will also get Notification (simple red cycle on the site).

Pict 1.

I have set to activate subscription like in Pict 1. above for other user (ex. "user A"), and then add new article using different user (ex. "user B"), and this user A didn't received email alert. however, user A get simple red cycle Notification (Pict 2.)

Pict 2.

but when I click the the red cycle it show page like in Pict 3. below, it show new event but didn't show what event.

Pict 3.

this is the email what admin get when new record or new even happened:

Hello Super User

You've received this letter because you are following some topics on STDI. There are (2) events happening.

* New record added   08 May 2013 04:50 

test2

* New record added   08 May 2013 04:49 

Test

If you want to unsubscribe from this email or change periodicity, you Sign In and edit your notification settings at section My Menu -> User Tools

And user A didn't get this email, eventhough I have set User A to subscribe the section like in Pict1.

Sergey
16 May 2013 03:16

No I understand. This topic in Emerald category. So whenever you say Subscription I think of user membership subscription and I could not understand how you connect Cobalt email alerts and Emerald subscriptions. But now I see we are talking purely about Cobalt :)

I checked locally and could not reproduce any error. Can you give me access details to your site.

I wanted to test on your site but man you site is slow. In 300 minuts I was able only to create a single user. Just not have time enough to wait this long. And if I do something in between, I delay and I am logged off. I start from the beginning.