nbs_212
Total posts: 94
13 Apr 2013 22:30

Sergey,

Why a pop up menu now is always open as a new page/tab?,

Ie: - when trying to change Author in editing article - when trying to run Tiny editor plugin (insert page break)

Previously it was always open in pop up windows, and it working fine.

Now it is open as a new page, and it cause the menu was not working properly, it won't go back to previous page and the changes has been made didn't apply.

You may try to changes Author user in one of my record on my test site:

Hidden text

I've try this in Chrome. Firefox, IE and all gave the same result...

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Apr 2013 23:23

I've checked with my FF and it worked perfectly fine. Please look into console and say what you have there.

nbs_212
16 Apr 2013 01:12

I have tried to access my test server, and also my localhost, my other several test localhost from my computer and also from other computer,. but it all gave the same result.

What console do you mean with that?

Sergey
16 Apr 2013 07:38

Console is in firebug

nbs_212
16 Apr 2013 08:47

OK,

The pop up menu still open in a full page, and when I tried to click the user id from the list (in order to change the author name), it show error on the console:

TypeError: window.parent.jSelectUser_jform_user_id is not a function

I've also my other older test with older C7 version, and it was working fine, the Pop Up menu was not shown in a full page, and if I choose the user id to change, it is working, and no error show in console.

Sergey
16 Apr 2013 09:18

I am still checking. It first start as modal popup and then expands. May be you have something that normalize iframes. Looks like something redirects but I cannot find what.

nbs_212
16 Apr 2013 09:34

Sergey,

I try search the error on web, and found some discussion about it in K2 community forum, the same error when they tried to change author article. this is the link

http://getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/162706-Cant-change-the-author?limit=20& ;start=20

and at the end of the discussion, someone post the solution that could fixed the problem, but I don't know how to apply it to Cobalt. Perhaps it could give some clue.

=================================================================================

Finally found a fix!

This seems to be the bit of code that should be running it in administrator/components/com_k2/views/item/tmpl/default.php, around line 720

I have added which has fixed it, but not sure if this is correct PHP and if this then goes on to break anything else?

mainframe->isAdmin() || ($this->mainframe->isSite() && $this->permissions->get('editAll'))): ?>

input type="hidden" name="created_by" value="row->created_by; ?>" />

=================================================================================

nbs_212
16 Apr 2013 10:59

Sergey,

Found the problem, the anticopy plugin I've installed on the system was setup to disallow framing, once I enabled it, it working well.

I'm sorry for any effort because of this problem. :)

And Thank You.

Sergey
16 Apr 2013 23:05

Any way it is good to know what can be the source. I think this topic now is a very good source of information.