nbs_212
Total posts: 94
08 Apr 2013 22:04

Sergey,

For a category with only one content, can we set the link to go directly to full view page?

All category in my second Type has only one content for each category, so it would be effective and simple if we can skip the preview page and go directly to full view page.

Do we have a parameter setup for this?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Apr 2013 05:29

It means that category name is actually a content title. Then may be you do not use categories? Just add articles and list then loos like categories.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
16 Apr 2013 05:52

What is the reason and purpose of having 1 article and 1 assigned category? Do you need the category index layout? Or any other category feature?

I would suggest to get rid of the categories. If you still need the "cat-title" for some reason... you might do the same with a select-field...

nbs_212
18 Apr 2013 21:35

Pepper,

I need to have Table Of Content structure like, and was suggested to put it all in one long html page, but the problem is, it show all of the content, page break didn't work to split between index page.

it looks like something to need do with the C7 template, because when I tried to make it in Joomla article, it works.

Sergey
19 Apr 2013 02:00

Did you enable page break plugin in HTML field?

nbs_212
19 Apr 2013 02:18

Already did that, Sergey.

When preparing/editing the content, page break plugin is working, I can insert page break and define anchor for each of it.

But when in a view mode (after save it), it all become in one page again. If we edit the page, the page break still there. It just cannot work properly in view mode.

nbs_212
19 Apr 2013 03:33

Pepper,

This is my content structure,

And I want to add link for each of TOC index, if I click C3 on TOC, it will go to C3 tab. But we cannot do that since there were no link reference between tab (that is what I understand so far).

So then It was suggested to put it all in one page (one field html), put a page break to separate the page based on the TOC index, put anchor on each part of page to link to TOC index.

Problem is, it show all in one long page and was not separately page by page.

I did it successfully, but it was created in Joomla Article Manager.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
19 Apr 2013 04:36

Thank you very much for the screenshot. Much clearer now.

But to be honest, it still looks a bit strange to me. A TOC in the first tab, that referrs to all other tabs with cryptic names? And you had to do everything in a J! core article?

A.) In regards of Cobalt, you could have done this with one catgeory and Article-Index, IMHO.

B.) From users point of view, I would get rid of the TOC and chose Sliders/Accordions for C1-4. The slider title can hold the real name. I mean a speakable title, so nobody has to guess what "C2" actually means.

Just my two cents.

Sergey
19 Apr 2013 06:29

I have checked page break plugin. It will not work. now it works only in context of core articles.

nbs_212
19 Apr 2013 09:32

Pepperstreet,

Thank you for your advice.

The purpose of TOC is to provide a view of what is in the article for non subscriber user, C1-C4 is protected for subscriber only.

My other reason to use cryptic names (C1..C4) is because the real title could very long, but your advice to use a real title in accordion/slider is a good idea, that I never had think it before.

However, I still need the TOC to inline with the purpose that I've explained above.

Thank You,

nbs_212
19 Apr 2013 09:38

Sergey,

It's ok, I think I will stay with current structure, and I'll try to use Slider mode as advice by pepperstreet, and see what my user review for the changes.

Thank You.

nbs_212
19 Apr 2013 21:35

Pepperstreet,

You are right, to put all in one html field will not be able to separate the non and protected area, That's why I will stay with my current structure. And try to give a new look with Slider mode.

Thank you