Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
25 Aug 2016 23:32

Hi,

Is it possible to automatically assign a (free) subscription to a user who has published a record?

Scenario: Business subscribers are allowed to submit one listing in a business directory. I want to automatically grant them a one month premium subscription, which allows visitors to have access to their business page.

Best regards, Jeff

Last Modified: 21 Sep 2016

Jeff VIP
25 Aug 2016 23:38

I can't use the Grant functionality here because I need to grant the subscription to a specific user group AND the subsription needs to start when the record is published.

Any ideas?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Aug 2016 14:42

I cannot get it. Subscription gives user right to publish, but to get subscription you have to already publish record?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 Aug 2016 15:29

Sergey Subscription gives user right to publish, but to get subscription you have to already publish record?

Off-Topic

Haha... sounds exactly like the USA logic for "work permit" & "social security number". ;) :D

Sergey
30 Aug 2016 15:51

pepperstreet Haha... sounds exactly like the USA logic for "work permit" & "social security number". ;) :D

Ha ha ha...

Sergey
30 Aug 2016 15:56

Russian joke.

Commision comes to loony bin. They see that patients jump into empty sweeming pool. They ask "Why do you do that?". Jumpers answer "Personal said, wew ill not fil the pool unless you learn how to dive."

I am sorry if it is not funny. This is specific Russin humor reffer that live in a Russia is actulay live in loony bin :)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
31 Aug 2016 01:32

Sergey Russian joke. I am sorry if it is not funny. This is specific Russin humor...

It IS funny! I remember I have heard it in german, too.
Probably it referred to East-Germany (before 1989). ;) }D

Jeff VIP
31 Aug 2016 13:45

Sergey I cannot get it. Subscription gives user right to publish, but to get subscription you have to already publish record?

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough.

You don't need a subscription to publish a record, you only need to register as a business.

• Free: Visitors see List view
  • Paid: Visitors see List view + record view

There are three business plans: 1 Month, 6 Months and 24 Months. I want to give 1 Month as a gift to new business users. The subscription has to start when the user publishes his record, not when he registers as a business user.

Sergey
02 Sep 2016 07:23

Those who add records are considered as business? I mean how do you differentiate and know that this user is business? Special registration form? Special group? If yes how they get that group?

Jeff VIP
03 Sep 2016 00:58

When a user registers as a business, he is auto assigned to the Business group.

Chart 1 Month Free Premium

Sergey
09 Sep 2016 08:28

Jeff When a user registers as a business, he is auto assigned to the Business group.

I get that. But how do you know user registered as business? Is there different regisration fom? Or there is a field in the registration form where he request to be business? How group is assigned, manualy or automaticaly? What extension is used for that?

Jeff VIP
09 Sep 2016 23:32

Sergey Or there is a field in the registration form where he request to be business?

Yes. It's a checkbox where a user can register as a business. Once checked, two mandatory fields appear to verify it is a legitimate business. Once the profile has been saved, the user is automatically assigned to the Business user group.

Sergey What extension is used for that?

Easy Profile

Sergey
16 Sep 2016 11:51

I can only suggest to write small plugin for triggerProfileUpdate

http://docs.easy-profile.com/index.php/article/triggers

And there see if that user is business and if yeas set an new subscritpion for him.

Jeff VIP
18 Sep 2016 23:17

If I'm going to write a plugin, I think it needs to be a Cobalt one.

I need to create/assign a subscription when a business user submits a record. How can I accomplish this?

Sergey
21 Sep 2016 12:37

Or, then you need to write plugin onAfterArticleSave

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/cobalt-events