Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
07 Apr 2016 04:19

Hi,

I have an issue that hasn't been solved for quite a while now.

In my record list I use Cobalt's Filter Module. I have two fields that contain geo location data (addresses) and both can be filtered. I don't want to use the map just the dropdown select list to filter by Country, State and City.

It seems that using two geo filters together will produce the following error: Fmap is not defined . I have to hit Apply each time to make the next dropdown list appear, which is very user unfriendly.

Can this finally be resolved?

Best regards, Jeff

Last Modified: 06 May 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Apr 2016 08:59

I made some changes. Let's see if it will be fixed.

Jeff VIP
20 Apr 2016 02:16

Sergey I made some changes. Let's see if it will be fixed.

I would really appreciate it if you would release an update with the fix this week, Sergey :-)

Sergey
22 Apr 2016 16:23

Released today.

Jeff VIP
23 Apr 2016 12:36

Sergey Released today.

Thanks. But now I get:

Error: TypeError: $(...).chosen is not a function

Issue still persists....

Sergey
26 Apr 2016 13:29

On what page, let me check it.

Sergey
02 May 2016 04:33

The problem is in default.php file of filter template of the field. Ther I have

window.getChilds = function(val, child)

This define global function. When field is called second time it is redefined. This function call Fmap. In both fields. The name of function is same but scope isdifferent. When it is redefined connection to first Fmap is lost.

You could change name o the function but you cannot because cities that are returned after country selected have the same method on change built in.

Jeff VIP
06 May 2016 00:34

Sergey You could change name o the function but you cannot because cities that are returned after country selected have the same method on change built in.

Are you saying that despite the ability to use multiple geo fields, you can only filter one?

Not happy...:-(

Then there should be an option to filter locations without using Fmap to prevent any conflicts. Country, State and City are saved together with lng and lat, right?

Why not adding a filter that doesn't make use of Googlemap's API? Since Country, State and City are saved as a string, is it possible to treat them as text and filter them accordingly? The only caveat is that countries are saved by their country code and not full name.....

Sergey
06 May 2016 08:16

I can fix this Fmap issue but that would lead to some problems for updates. Those who have old fields and update only Cobalt without field or those who have custom field templates, they will lose stability and it will stop working.

From the beggining I was not thining about 2 fields.

Jeff Then there should be an option to filter locations without using Fmap to prevent any conflicts. Country, State and City are saved together with lng and lat, right?

This is the option. In fact may be this is how I can make a quick fix for that.

Jeff VIP
06 May 2016 16:47

Sergey This is the option. In fact may be this is how I can make a quick fix for that.

Then a quick fix it is :-)