switchblade1984 VIP
Total posts: 132
22 Apr 2014 04:22

I am trying to upload some MP4 720 P HD videos. It does take a while but it eventualy says uploaded after 100%. When I save and close the video is not there, I even tried to just apply but the video never shows up.

Last Modified: 13 Jul 2022

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
22 Apr 2014 06:50

What is file size?

Can you give this file by some fileshare service.

switchblade1984 VIP
22 Apr 2014 07:13

Its around 350MB. It use to work fine but I upgraded since and now its not. I can't really remember what version was working. I am uploading the file to file hosting and will link when its ready. I have suspitions its ether the encoding of the file which I do through Adobe Premiere or something in my PHP settings maybe. I made sure to set my PHP max files size and upload size all to bigger then what I am uploading.

Another thing it could be maybe is the joomla FTP layer? I turned this off because it never works for me. For some reason being on Godady makes it so Joomla can never connect to FTP witht he FTP layer, I tried everything to get it to work.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Apr 2014 08:14

Cobalt uploader is not conected to Joomal FTP layer.

Anyway it is not good to upload files this big to your hosting web root directory. 3-5 users who whatch video online and you will have dramatic slowness on whole website.

I can suggest to use either dropbox as you do now or AWS S3 or any other CDN. The rule is to finaly get direct link to file. Like for example https://s3.amazonaws.com/serhioromano/matrix.mp4 . And in new video field (which is already available with Cobalt everything package) you will be able to insert this link as link and it will show JW player. And no hosting server resources consumption problems.

switchblade1984 VIP
22 Apr 2014 09:06

OK the whole reason for doing this was to be able to post Un-Processed Videos running at 60FPS and sites like Youtube and such always Processes it and degrades the quality. I just now tried using https://www.dropbox.com/s/biv5yts5b1aay3m/NESRemix.mp4 as a link for the Video Field but it doesn't seem to work. Anything special I need to do to post links to the video hosted?

switchblade1984 VIP
22 Apr 2014 20:50

I don't plan on hosting a whole lot of these files but i still need to be able to upload them. If my sites do become too slow I will just remove them, and so my problem remains as apon uploading the video its not saved.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Apr 2014 22:42

Sergey And in new video field (which is already available with Cobalt everything package) you will be able to insert this link as link and it will show JW player

Upcoming Joomla3.3 seems to implement cloud storage API. Does it have any relevance for Cobalt and upload in future releases?

Sergey
23 Apr 2014 05:04

pepperstreet Does it have any relevance for Cobalt and upload in future releases?

The API how it is made is not very good for big files. Because it first have to upload to server, then from server to cloud. Imagine what it takes to upload 300M file!

switchblade1984 I just now tried using https://www.dropbox.com/s/biv5yts5b1aay3m/NESRemix.mp4 as a link for the Video Field but it doesn't seem to work. Anything special I need to do to post links to the video hosted?

It should be the link to download file. But this link is HTML page. It should be drect link. Try URL that I gave here. If it works, you have wrong URL if not, then there is a bug.

As a solution you may upload files with FTP with will be much easier and then insert direct file url to link.

switchblade1984 VIP
23 Apr 2014 06:53

Ah thanks a lot everything is working beautifully now. It takes the link from Dropbox and plays it at full 60FPS, even better then the player they have on the Dropbox site themselves. Your media Player is fantastic, thanks again. I will probably later migrate to Amazon for better stability but its working flawlessly now.

http://labswitched.com/reviews/item/6-games/88-nes-remix-review

Sergey
23 Apr 2014 07:29

switchblade1984 Your media Player is fantastic

It is JWPlayer

Cool video by the way :)

switchblade1984 VIP
23 Apr 2014 07:54

Thanks, I rushed it out to test so its out of sync but I can fix that later. Again thanks for all your help Sergey.

ottoosborn
Total posts: 6
13 Jul 2022 04:47

A testimony to physics-based racing games where you think as you race is Hill Climb Racing 2. Since the 1980s, when Excite Bike first appeared, side-scrolling racer games have advanced significantly and become more approachable for both casual and die-hard players. Since the beginning of the racing sub-genre in the halcyon days of Flash Player, there have been a ton of racers of every kind: traditional head-to-head, time trials, drag, and even just playing around with the game's ragdoll physics. Download from the official website here.

Starting today, you may use the brand-new EmulatorPC gaming platform to play your favorite Android games on your PC. Quick and secure download. There are a huge number of free games available. You can download android emulator here.