klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
14 May 2015 11:41

Hi,

can I somehow add extra field on subscription page of a plana and that whatever is selected it will be in database?

Scenario is for users to select for which Cobalt record they want to purchase this plan for.

Regards

Last Modified: 22 May 2015

Tags Emerald 10

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 May 2015 13:56

I am preparing Emarald 10 with custom fields. There will be 3 fields shipped right with Emerald. But it will be possible to create any other field as well. Such as select of the cobalt article.

Does it wait?

klox7 VIP
14 May 2015 20:14

Do you even have to ask? :) Yes please. How far is Emerald 10?

Regarding your explanation will Emerald 10 work in a way so you could "attach subscription" to one record?

Sergey
19 May 2015 16:13

klox7 How far is Emerald 10?

It is 80% ready.

klox7 Regarding your explanation will Emerald 10 work in a way so you could "attach subscription" to one record?

Theoreticaly you can create custom field that will allow to chose article during subscription. So you can pay 3 same plans but each for different either article or category.

Next step is to check access to that article. This is no what I added to fields. Right now fields also work like actions and are triggered on subscription activated and deactivated. I need to add some sort of ability to influence access check in fields.

And that is feature request. I'll see what i can do. It looks like a good feature.

Right now I think it should be something like Cobalt field that will create "Buy Now" button to the end user, also protect access to full view if user have no access.

klox7 VIP
20 May 2015 07:05

Sergey Right now I think it should be something like Cobalt field that will create "Buy Now" button to the end user, also protect access to full view if user have no access.

Yes, something like that would work. But you need to keep in mind different scenarios. If it's only for one record that's ok, but what if this record has relation records. This relation records could also be payable. So in this case do you enable them with subscription of main record or do you have to purchase separate subscription?

Sergey
22 May 2015 04:39

That depends how need it to work.

For example for what I usualy use the best scenario is you purchase Cobalt article and get access to all its comemnts as cobalt type. Like Parent article is a course descritpion and comments are tutorials.

In some cases you need restrict access to that particualr article. I suspect that I'll have to app parameters for all those possible scenarios.

BTW, I have implemented it already. I mean I embeded functionality to check access by fields. I only need to create a field.