klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
13 Feb 2014 02:44

I have a menu that points to all plans. I want plans to be visible all the time to public users. But I want just for specific joomla user groups to be able to buy plans. Where do you configure that? I thought it is Edit plan - General - Access...

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Feb 2014 22:20

There is no such a restriction who can purchase the plan. That would mean that you manually moove user to special group before he purchase.

Could you explain what is your scenario?

klox7 VIP
14 Feb 2014 01:57

I'm building a site where I will have 2 types of registered users. One "normal" registered with options to make comments, bookmarks etc. and 2nd "client" registered with option to edit records.

Those who can edit records will have option to buy extra fields. Subscription plans are visible in one of the menus. I want menu to be visible all the time because I want for public to always see what I have to offer.

Now there comes an issue...

If "public" is browsing site and goes to subscription plans and click Buy button he is redirected to login page. If he has "normal" registered account he can log in and continue with purchase. But I don't want that. I just want for "client" registered to be able to buy plan because only they are assigned to edit record and have extra fields. So there is no point for me if "normal" registered can buy.

Sergey
14 Feb 2014 05:04

I see. But how users who can edit get into that group?

klox7 VIP
14 Feb 2014 05:49

Sorry, I didn't mention...for now I have a cobalt form on a website for users who wants to become "clients". When they submit form I have to create user for them. Not great but for now it will work. When I make a little income I will probably buy ExtendedReg which can handle different registration forms for different user groups. Registered users will then be able to register themselves and for clients I will manually approve registration after I check their credibility.

Sergey
14 Feb 2014 06:53

I see. I can add Who can purchase access level parameter to plans.

klox7 VIP
14 Feb 2014 08:22

That's fantastic. Thanks a million times.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
14 Feb 2014 09:00

where I will have 2 types of registered users. One "normal" registered with options to make comments, bookmarks etc. and 2nd "client" registered with option to edit records.

From Emerald point of view…

you may setup a Plan for each "user type". (Also assign a J! user group with an action).

Than create additional cross-plans under the respective "user type" plan. Set the "user type" plan as a required plan.

All plans page layout and display:

Create groups for each "user type" plan. (blog style)

Create groups for any additional sub/cross plans. (table style)

pepperstreet VIP
14 Feb 2014 09:23

I see. I can add Who can purchase access level parameter to plans.

If plans are visible to all…

Please, consider a visual hint or message (tooltip) for the "buy-now" button. Currently, it is not optimal UX. It says ALWAYS "buy now". Which is actually not true. It says you can do a certain action… but you can´t. The average user needs more guidance and precise information what he is allowed to do, and what happens if he clicks on a button.

Comparable to the buttons in "Submit Module"!

BTW, maybe a good idea for a plans parameter? Custom button text/label.

If a plan is meant to be a parent plan for Register… i could set it to "Subscribe Now".

If it is a Plan for a certain user type, i could set a title accordingly.

If it is a Cross-plan or optional product like a file download or Video etc., I could set it to "Buy now".

klox7 VIP
14 Feb 2014 14:03

Currently, it is not optimal UX. It says ALWAYS "buy now"

In general I like it that way. Button has a call to action. But if only one user group can purchase subscription then it's probably best to remove buy button for public and display it when user from assigned user group is logged in. And somewhere bellow every plan you can have small text that this subscription is only available for x user group and that you have to be logged in:)

For your first answer I have to take a little more time:)

Sergey
16 Feb 2014 08:30

I added this feature to next version

There are as many opinions as many people.

there is a button but when user click, he sees message that he have to be in special group. To me that is acceptable.

pepperstreet VIP
16 Feb 2014 13:02

BTW, maybe a good idea for a plans parameter? Custom button text/label.

I think "PayPlans" extension has this feature, too. I have some additional and related ideas and I am going to write a new idea topic.

Sergey
16 Feb 2014 23:12

Is it an J!/BS alert style