klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
22 May 2015 08:54

Hello,

I have a type event and I would like to show nearby hotels from another type in event record on map. Is this possible? I tried to use records field but nothing shows. Is there any special paramater that I need to set up?

Regards

Last Modified: 13 Apr 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
23 May 2015 12:29

Hello klox7, actually it should work fine. I have tested a simple combination of Profile and Event Calendar. Both have an Adress/Location field. The Profile has a Records field where I had to setup some important parameters under...

What To Show:

• What to show: WithIn Distance
  • Section: Calendar/Events
  • Type: Event
  • Distance in...: 99 (your preferred Radius)
  • Field with position data: Address (from Profile!)

How to Show:

• limit amount of records
  • optional template override

Results in "NearBy-Events suggestions" on the Profile full view.

klox7 VIP
23 May 2015 16:06

pepperstreet optional template override

I was using map template and it didn't show anything. I changed it to simple list and records where shown. It looks like map template is having some problems.

pepperstreet VIP
24 May 2015 00:02

klox7 It looks like map template is having some problems.

Sorry, can't recreate an issue. I have tested with Map template. It even works with additional list template under the map.

PS: Make sure you set and save all necessary template parameters. I remember, sometimes I have missed/lost a setting because of the modal dialog and multiple saves. I mean the nested order of the parameter pages.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 May 2015 05:29

klox7 It looks like map template is having some problems.

Look into console if you have any problems. Check also XHR request that map sends and if list of items have been returned.

klox7 VIP
25 May 2015 06:35

Sergey I have tested with Map template. It even works with additional list template under the map.

Aditional list template under the map also work for me, there are just no markers in map.

Sergey Look into console if you have any problems. Check also XHR request that map sends and if list of items have been returned.

Looks like no problems.

Hidden text

Sergey
27 May 2015 16:29

Give me access I'll look into parameters of the field.

Hidden text

Sergey
01 Jun 2015 12:16

But if there is only one article it will not show related records because there is only one article and there is no other records to show.

klox7 VIP
01 Jun 2015 12:30

I don't want to show related records of same type. I want to show nearby records of another type.

klox7 VIP
10 Jun 2015 08:13

So this can't be done then?

pepperstreet VIP
10 Jun 2015 14:50

klox7 So this can't be done then?

As mentioned in my previous comment... it works for me and my given example. Actually the same principle and similar setup. I have different types.

Sergey
11 Jun 2015 04:45

klox7 So this can't be done then?

Yes of course. But if you want one record to show another record that is near, you have to have at least 2 records created but you have only one record in the section. Just create more of them in different locations.

I tested locally and it works as it works for paperstreet.

Sergey
13 Apr 2016 07:24

klox7 Then I wanted to show under this article other articles from other Type (Type 2 - accomodations) that also have location field

That would work. But parameters was set to the same type. That is why it did not work.

klox7 It doesn't matter if there is only one event published because I didn't want to show related records for same type. ;) Well not related but NEARBY based on location.

This should perfectly work. That is why nearby parameter was added to records field.