klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
25 Apr 2015 09:38

Hey,

I'm trying to build a site where I have 2 user groups for registered users. One is Registered and the other is Client.

With normal registration user is assigned to Registered user group and has limited options on site. User can self activate his account with normal Joomla proccess.

Regarding Clients I don't want them to self activate account so at the moment they fill out a form and I create account for them and send them details. That's because I have to verify that user is really employer of a company stated in form.

I was looking at Registered field and I'm asking if those features can be available sometime in the future (or if they make sense):

• disable user when registering (so I can verify user before activating him)
  • add form fields data to user profile data (maybe also integration with other components such as easy profile, easy social, jomsocial,...)
  • add user to different components (ex. add user to specific Acymailing list)
  • send mail to user at registration that his account is being raviewed
  • add user as author records if he selects them from ex. parent field in form

Did anybody maybe had a same scenario?

Regards

Last Modified: 02 May 2015

Comments have been disabled for this article and works only in read only mode.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Apr 2015 06:08

how does that relates to Cobalt. What is your vision of Cobalt in this features?

klox7 VIP
27 Apr 2015 17:16

Well a couple of years ago I saw Cobalt strictly as CCK but then I started to dig into it and possibilities just opend so my view changed.

Since there is Registered field this can be used as alternative to registration.

So I guess it relates to Cobalt in a way to handle more specific Joomla registration. But that is obviously out of cck definition.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Apr 2015 12:07

I new that. Add simple registration field and it will end up with request to enhance it into full featured registration extension :)

I am sure that theer might be a ways to use Cobalt as registration extension. I need to think about this. But in general I do not like Idea to implement profile registration into Cobalt. Becaue after that, I'll get FR to create whole social profiles. I would like to keep Cobalt where it belongs. Content manager.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 Apr 2015 19:36

Sergey I new that. Add simple registration field and it will end up with request to enhance it into full featured registration extension :)

:))

PS: I agree. Keep it simple and CCK. Advanced registration should be done in Core or Community extension.

PPS: Although, I am still a big fan of Cobalt-As-Advanced-Multi-Media-Profile-Directory ;)

klox7 VIP
02 May 2015 08:00

Sergey I new that. Add simple registration field and it will end up with request to enhance it into full featured registration extension :)

:D Exactly. You and pepperstreet are right. It's a content manager so keep it that way :)